• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest News: Smith & Wesson pre-29

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My latest firearms "bling" .... I can't believe I just used that word. :eek:

Harry Callaghan .... eat your heart out: the latest purchase ...

It's a 4-screw gun that was made in about 1957. This is a VERY LATE pre-Model 29 as the books show the Model 29 designation generally beginning at serial number S179000 or so. This revolver is in near mint condition with about 99.5% original factory polished blue finish remaining. The matching serial number is properly marked on the back of the extractor star. Perfect bore and action. ... fired little if any ... very nice diamond grips ... black fitted case ... all the usual suspects.

Waaaaaa-a-a-a-y too much $$$$. But if you can't get one -- what is it worth, anyway ??? :) You can't take the $$$$ with you, but you can the guns.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Niiiice, very nice A4s. I've only shot a .44 Magnum once, but it was fun. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Yea, I love those old guns. Pretty fond of Pre-64 M70s.

Fly, give me a call sometime and we can shoot a couple of .44s or the .500 if you like.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Niiiice, very nice A4s. I've only shot a .44 Magnum once, but it was fun. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

ACTUALLY .... and I even think Harry Callaghan said something about this , Hollywood notwithstanding .... it's preferable to shoot .44 Special in the revolver ..... if you're not "hunting" bears, big cats, etc. ..... at least not two-legged prey .... .44 Special works very nicely. :)

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Dayum. "The most powerful handgun in the world (at its time)," according to Detective Callahan himself. Nice score, A4s. Beautiful piece!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Dayum. "The most powerful handgun in the world (at its time)," according to Detective Callahan himself. Nice score, A4s. Beautiful piece!

Yeahhhhhh .... S&W .44 Magnum .... and there's still the persistent rumor that "Dirty" used a 6" barrel .41 Magnum .... as the prop masters didn't have a .44 in their stock(s).

God and Harry only know .... :)