• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lateral Transfer SWO to Nuclear/Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedrock1981

I was just wondering if anybody would know how hard it would be to lateral transfer into the nuclear/sub community from SWO. The first package I submitted was for nuclear as my first choice with no second or third choice. I was trying to get into the NUPOC program. I made it all the way to the VIP trip and after the trip I got a letter from Millington stating that I will not have a chance to interview with the Admiral which would be the next step in the process. Reason being that the community is full and they are over quota, however I was still a very competitive candidate. My recruiter was very surprised that I was not given the opportunity to interview. All he does is recruit NUPOC candidates and he said my package was very strong.

I still very much want to be a nuclear propulsion officer in the sub community. After submitting my second application I was picked up for SWO and supply and I am going to try SWO. If I bust my ass in the SWO community and get my pin, do you think I have a good chance of transferring since I made it so far into the NUPOC application process.

Stats:

Kettering University
3.33 GPA in Mechanical Engineering

OAR: 49 6/8/6

One LOR from a rear admiral
One LOR from a captain
One LOR from a professor

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
It's hard to say. I've been watching the redesignation messages closely, and I haven't seen anybody redesignate to Sub/Nuke yet. I would take another stab at Sub/Nuke if that's really what you want. Also, everyone who interviews has a spot reserved for them, it's theirs to lose. Ask your recruiter what the quotas are for next FY.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a relatively easy process to redesignate nuke (SWO or SUB) once you qualify as SWO on your ship. In fact, you don't have to wait till the lateral transfer board meets either. As soon as you qualify SWO, you just submit your redesignation package to BUPERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.