• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LASIK

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

I know that LASIK is a DQ for aviation but if anyone has info about it or any steps that could be taken in order to get into Navy or Marine aviation after having the procedure done please let me know.
Thanks, Andy

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I really don't think there are any..I'm pretty sure it's a dead end if you've had it done. Sorry...

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

BFBERT

Hey bro, concerning Lasik, here's what I know. I had lasik back in 97 and to this day the only regret that I have is that I should have choosen PRK. At the time both was DQ. Now you can get a waiver for PRK. I've been in touch with the folks directly involved in approving the waivers for PRK and basically they're a couple of yrs away from a LASIK study. So as of this momement you will not be an aviator in the Airforce, Navy or Marine Corp if you had LASIK. But wait there's hope actually tremendous hope. This is the route I was forced to take since I'm age critical and being a military aviator was my # 1 goal. The Army currently has a study for both LASIK and PRK for new aviators. Better yet I'm going to the guard to fly apaches, and still get to keep my good paying job on the outside. If you already had LASIK and are still relatively young then you can wait for the navy/marine corp to start their new study but again thats a couple yrs away. If you are age critical then the choice is yours. Either go for the army program or pursue flying in the civilian world. (Note: you can go for the army program now, preferably the guard or reserve, then try and transfer to your choice of service when they're allowing the lasik study)

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
cool...well there you go..see? there's always somebody out there who's better informed :)
bouncy_125.gif

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Status
Not open for further replies.