• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Know Your Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviatorshade

Catfish
pilot
Thats a pretty impressive display of aerobatics. What is that a SU-27 Flanker or something right?

Semper Fidelis

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Actualy the tecical desination is S-27. There was a big Popular mechinics artical on it. It is the meanest thing in the skys right now with out a doubt. There is only one problem, the Russians can not afford to build them. An interesting thing i heard was that that the average Russin pilot(exculding combat) gets 10 mins a year in filight time. That is becuase the Russians dont have enough money to fly them. Also you know the Russian Sub that sank the Kursk Guess how much her captin get paid? 300 dollars a month(or something close to that). Talk about low pay!!! However they could just sell that fighter to some other country that could build them and then it would be real trouble.

Edited by - falcaner on 03/29/2001 16:51:22

Ed Williams

I watched that film again and the more that I watch it, the more that i am amazed at what it can do. Does the US have anything even close to that? I feel dumb asking because i don't know that much about the field of aviation. All i know is that i've never seen anything like that before.
ed

nickou23

I think the F-22 has thrust vectoring nozzles, but I'm not sure how performance compares with the Flanker. I thought I'd read somewhere that the Russians were trying to market this thing to other countries.

nickou23

Another note about the Kursk (mentioned earlier, so I'm not that off-topic), I read that they are going to raise it minus the front torpedo compartments. It's speculated that we'll never know why it sank. Though this might lend to the theory that they were test-firing experimental rocket-powered torpedos.

Status
Not open for further replies.