• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Knock knock Mutherfvcker!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Pretty sweet vid of the Coastie MSRT teams doing their thing. This apparently happened a few weeks ago, and it’s why VP Pence was in San Diego today.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Fantastic footage and a great catch by Monroe's crew. I didn't know that yelling was such an effective ASW technique.

KTBQ

Naval Radiator
pilot
That mission is fantastic, though that dude seemed a little overzealous to me. That thing was in zero danger of getting away and there are better ways to get it to stop that don't involve unnecessarily risking your life.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That mission is fantastic, though that dude seemed a little overzealous to me. That thing was in zero danger of getting away and there are better ways to get it to stop that don't involve unnecessarily risking your life.

That's actually not true. It has a very good chance of getting away, but only in one direction (down), which is what they're trying to prevent. If it is scuttled, there's a contingency for the guys top-side and is part of the pre-takedown brief.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's actually not true. It has a very good chance of getting away, but only in one direction (down), which is what they're trying to prevent. If it is scuttled, there's a contingency for the guys top-side and is part of the pre-takedown brief.

It was, and I’m pretty sure still is, rare to catch one and it’s load before they get scuttled. The Coasties did a good job.