• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Knee Dislocation

CC_Candidate

I was disqualified for dislocating my knee twice, JUL 06 and FEB 07. The first was during a pick-up football game and the second during a high school soccer game. I have done all of the waiver remedial stuff with one being a doctor evaluation. His evaluation said I had 100% function of my knee and he saw no reason why I should not attend the academy because of my knee. He also noted that I had full strength, etc.

What are my chances? The only thing I thought would stop me is that I wear a neoprene knee brace as a preventative measure. It's one that you could buy at your local Academy or Dick's.

CC_Candidate

I should also note that no ligament damage was done in either dislocation.

I also just viewed page 215 in the NAMI medical waiver guide. Everything it says that I need to get a waiver, I have. And all of those tests were 100% normal. I am applying to the Naval and Air Force Academies though. How similar are these waiver requirements to theirs?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Your chances are good, assuming the doc noted same in your medical record. Dunno about the similar waiver requirements.