• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Kmax - whats the latest?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
What is the navy/Marine Corps designation for the KMax? Also who is actually flying these aircraft when they are in human piloted mode? Are they Naval aviators? Contractors? Will these ever seen shipboard use?

jmcquate

Contributor
Looks like some engineer at Kamen found an old desktop model of a "Huskie" and thought Hmmmm.................

Pags

N/A
pilot
Now that's just a stupid idea. What genius decided to put wheels on a helicopter.
Yeah everyone knows it's required for the skid det to fly on without the wheels and completely goon up the fly on. It's Air Department's fault for not reminding the skidiots a 10th time.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My squadron deployed with them a few years ago. No one around here knows anything about them anymore. Apparently the program was successful, then put on hold. They did some really awesome work hauling stuff from FOB to FOB.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Was started as an RDC program back in ~2010-2011. USMC used them for several years in AFG and then the mission and therefore funding went away. The birds are still around (in preservation I think) waiting for a mission/funding.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Was started as an RDC program back in ~2010-2011. USMC used them for several years in AFG and then the mission and therefore funding went away. The birds are still around (in preservation I think) waiting for a mission/funding.
@Pags is there a NATOPS manual for the type?

Stingerhawk

What is the navy/Marine Corps designation for the KMax? Also who is actually flying these aircraft when they are in human piloted mode? Are they Naval aviators? Contractors? Will these ever seen shipboard use?
Watching one of those fly with rotor blades moving all over the place..... its like indecent exposure.