• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville housing

AV8R

Yes. Everyone in Hunter's Cove has at least one dog.... and a couple of cats...

There is a pet fee, but it's not much (maybe $200) and I think you get it back when you move out if you don't cause problems.

My wife and I moving to Kingsville in October. Looking at Hunter's Cove. About how much do electric bills run and do you hear your neighbors through the wall often?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My wife and I moving to Kingsville in October. Looking at Hunter's Cove. About how much do electric bills run and do you hear your neighbors through the wall often?
Electricity has been anywhere from 100 bucks to 25o- when the A/C runs all day (100+ during daytime here, around 80 at night) it costs you. Plus I pay a little bit more so I can send my money to companies that use only wind energy.

Haven't heard any neighbors yet.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Plus I pay a little bit more so I can send my money to companies that use only wind energy.

Freaking hippies. Don't you know that coal is the fuel of the future! ;)

But really, I didn't know that some places had that option. That's something to look in to if I head that way. It's nice to see money going toward renewable energy.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
Just selected TW2, and I'm about to start looking for houses down in KRock. Out of curiosity, how helpful was the housing office? I haven't heard much about them. The only real thing I've heard is that some of the realtors (Coldwell Bankers, especially) can be quite bitchy.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Just selected TW2, and I'm about to start looking for houses down in KRock. Out of curiosity, how helpful was the housing office? I haven't heard much about them. The only real thing I've heard is that some of the realtors (Coldwell Bankers, especially) can be quite bitchy.
It took me a lot of time to get anything from the housing office. I called every day for 2 weeks before I got the woman to send me the paperwork needed to get on the list for Hunter's Cove. Everyone seems to live here. Some live in Paulson Falls, and some live in Hawks Landing.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
It took me a lot of time to get anything from the housing office. I called every day for 2 weeks before I got the woman to send me the paperwork needed to get on the list for Hunter's Cove. Everyone seems to live here. Some live in Paulson Falls, and some live in Hawks Landing.

Decided on a house in the Falls. Thanks for the feedback; got through to the lady after about a week.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Looking for a house in K- rock, if anyone is moving out or know someone moving out in the next week or so, please let me know.

Erin M.

pilot
Anybody recently there have anything different to say than what is already posted in here?

It seems like everyone still lives in either Hawks Landing, Hunters Cove, or Paulson Falls. My wife and I have tried looking for a place on as many sites as we can google. Collectively, we have found 4 houses for rent. It is depressing.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
Anybody recently there have anything different to say than what is already posted in here?

It seems like everyone still lives in either Hawks Landing, Hunters Cove, or Paulson Falls. My wife and I have tried looking for a place on as many sites as we can google. Collectively, we have found 4 houses for rent. It is depressing.

I'm in Hawks Landing. It's quite good, and a lot of the places are getting revamped with new paint, flooring, and some appliances. Plus 3 minutes to base is hard to beat. Giving the housing office a call once you have orders so you can get the ball rolling on housing referrals. Hunters is nice, too. Don't know anything about Paulson, other than what i see when I drive by it. I'd avoid renting out in the town, unless you like meth-head chic.

Erin M.

pilot
Meth-head chic sounds absolutely ideal for my wife and me. Perfect for a family. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear you like Hawks. I'd read some reviews and it seemed that a lot of guys in the past much preferred Hunters over Hawks, but didn't really specify why.

I talked to housing today and got them everything they need but orders. Of course, that is the one thing they absolutely need to have and the one thing I don't, lol.

Other than that, are you enjoying the flying?

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
...are you enjoying the flying?

Wish, I could comment on the flying, but I just finished the first week of ground school. Notwithstanding the suck of Kingsville and South Texas, TW-2 seems to be an awesome place to be. Plus, it's not Mississippi!

Erin M.

pilot
Between South Texas and Mississippi, you can't really lose!

Honestly, as long as we can find a decent house that meets our needs, I will be ecstatic. I am going to get paid to fly a jet. That is as awesome as it gets. My wife is really excited to start fresh, I guess she thinks of it as a new adventure. Looking forward to seeing you there. Best of luck to you.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I was married going through kingsville, you're not going to find a nice house that isn't in a shitty neighborhood for less than 13-1400. We lived at hunters and I would say it was a great experience. It's like a small community and before too long you'll be walking back and forth for dinners at other friends places and hanging out by the pool. I miss the hell out of it and the close friends we made there. Now everyone is spread out east/west/Japan. Enjoy the next year, you should start having fun around your solo when you start to get a good feel for the jet. Also take advantage of having a no shit o club open most of the time, Thursday night trivia nights were a blast and definitely DO NOT miss any winging parties!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I was married going through kingsville, you're not going to find a nice house that isn't in a shitty neighborhood for less than 13-1400. We lived at hunters and I would say it was a great experience. It's like a small community and before too long you'll be walking back and forth for dinners at other friends places and hanging out by the pool. I miss the hell out of it and the close friends we made there. Now everyone is spread out east/west/Japan. Enjoy the next year, you should start having fun around your solo when you start to get a good feel for the jet. Also take advantage of having a no shit o club open most of the time, Thursday night trivia nights were a blast and definitely DO NOT miss any winging parties!

I second this. The camaraderie in Kingsville is second to none. You will always find someone to drink beer with by the Hunters Cove pool just by walking down there. There is no need to call or text anyone, you'll just walk over to their house. And the club has the King Kat. You don't have hair one on your ass if you aren't riding that thing at every winging party. Bonus points on getting the girl in the white sundress to ride it.