• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville housing

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Selected jets today, wifey and I are headed to Kingsville in less than two weeks. Anyone have any decent gouge on where to live as a student- house is preferable...

KBayDog

Selected jets today, wifey and I are headed to Kingsville in less than two weeks. Anyone have any decent gouge on where to live as a student- house is preferable...

We can't all be perfect...

Congrats, Swanee - Kick ass in Kingsville!

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Congrats. 90% of students live in either Hawk's Landing, Hunter's Cove, or Paulson Falls. They are all within 5 minutes of each other and base. Paulson Falls is a development of newish houses, Hawk's is apartments, and Hunter's is nicer apartments. There are places in town as well and nothing is farther than 10 minutes to base, but the only apartments I would even consider are those listed above.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Selected jets today,

Draft is still in full effect, eh? ;)

I'm in Hunters Cove...it's nice enough. I'd have no problem with my wife living here. It's "gated", occasionally, when they actually close them. 1/4 mile from the WalMart...the only place in town. Have some classmates in Paulson Falls, nice places, probably out of your BAH range w/o other roommates though.

Oh, and enjoy CFET...

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Sometimes the housing lady on base has a good hookup or two so if you can contact her ASAP you may be able to find a house off base. Try Coldwell Banker also, it seems like they have most of the places in Paulson Falls. Good Luck

Python

pilot
Contributor
Minor threadjack, but are new Kville studs going to MPTS or are they still on the legacy system? If it's MPTS when did TW-2 make the switch?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Draft is still in full effect, eh? ;)

I'm in Hunters Cove...it's nice enough. I'd have no problem with my wife living here. It's "gated", occasionally, when they actually close them. 1/4 mile from the WalMart...the only place in town. Have some classmates in Paulson Falls, nice places, probably out of your BAH range w/o other roommates though.

Oh, and enjoy CFET...

Is this the place that rent is based on BAH? How does that work?

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Minor threadjack, but are new Kville studs going to MPTS or are they still on the legacy system? If it's MPTS when did TW-2 make the switch?

Yes, we're on MPTS now. Started three weeks ago...it's a shit-show. No grades over MIF for sim events (if MIF's a 2, you get a 2, no matter what). Actual flights can be graded as seen fit. Who knows how it's going to change...the sim guys aren't too fond of it so far...

Is this the place that rent is based on BAH? How does that work?

Kind of, but the don't take all of it. Rent for a 3B/B is $995/mo for single folks (and geo-bachs). I don't know what it is for married guys. It gets adjusted every Jan 1.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Yes, we're on MPTS now. Started three weeks ago...it's a shit-show. No grades over MIF for sim events (if MIF's a 2, you get a 2, no matter what). Actual flights can be graded as seen fit. Who knows how it's going to change...the sim guys aren't too fond of it so far...

Wow - So sims effectively don't count anymore? That'll be interesting.

samantis16

My roommates and I will be leaving in the next couple of months. We are looking to fill a great, newer house. It has 3bed/2bath, 2 car garage, and large backyard. If you're interested, let me know.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My roommates and I will be leaving in the next couple of months. We are looking to fill a great, newer house. It has 3bed/2bath, 2 car garage, and large backyard. If you're interested, let me know.

I'm looking to move into a place in a week, so a couple months probably won't work for me. If you'll be out sooner than that I may be interested.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
Major congrats, man! Kick ass in advanced! I'm hoping for that kind of luck, but it will be a little while. How long, from beginning of ground school until selection, was primary? Also, which squadron were you with? (I'm vt3)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Major congrats, man! Kick ass in advanced! I'm hoping for that kind of luck, but it will be a little while. How long, from beginning of ground school until selection, was primary? Also, which squadron were you with? (I'm vt3)
VT-2. 6 months and a couple weeks.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Do they allow dogs at Hunter's Cove?

Yes. Everyone in Hunter's Cove has at least one dog.... and a couple of cats...

There is a pet fee, but it's not much (maybe $200) and I think you get it back when you move out if you don't cause problems.