• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopy025

so ive been reading everyones post about their chances of becoming an officer or whatnot in the navy. they talk about there backround and degrees and thier involvement in sport programs. so here is my story: i am 18 years old currently obtaining a associates in aviation and then i will move on to get my bachelors in some related field. I will have recieveed my ppl in march-april and by the time i begin thinking about enlisting in the navy i will have my commercial possibly my cfi. i have a 3.3 gpa and i played ice hockey and soccer all 4 years of High school, however in college i just do not have the time to participate in any. Is this a big deal? I am in great physical shape and hit the gym 3-4 times a week. how much of a drawback is it for me to not be participating in sports programs? oh yeah and my vision is 20/20. if anyone can help me with some insight about anything regarding this situation i would be exceptionaly happy.
thanks steve

geerst

Steve,

Sounds like you are off to an early start. Grades are important as are extra-curricular activities. The selection boards like to see a well-rounded person. Anyone can sit in their room and read, but to coordinate external tasks and schedules is the sign of a future manager and leader.

OPO

Status
Not open for further replies.