• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just took the ASTB

Zachm7177

Morning,

I recently took the ASTB through the Marines in January. I scored a 42 oar, 4/7/6.

My recruiter was happy about my score as it was only my first attempt. I have around 300 hours of flight time already, PPL, IR an taking my comm checkride April 4th. Aviation management major.

My recruiter thinks I have a very high chance of getting a flight contract an does not want me to take it again because of my background. I also have high quality recommendations that will boost my chances.

Regarding the test though, I found the hardest section for me to be the math section. MC was pretty straight forward, reading was simply reading very dull boring stories and finding the answer in the text. The aviation section was a breeze. I took a month during my winter break, I strongly recommend Kaplan military pilot, as well as the gouges on here. It won't be exactly like the test but it will be close.

Any question feel free to PM.

Zach

Zachm7177

Hey man good luck!

Yes I panicked like crazy, I got like 2 hours of sleep. So please stay relaxed, and make sure you sleep well. Which resulted in me not performing well on the math. After that section I calmed down an was able to do well on the rest.

If you're not great with math, like me, I would just recommend on getting by on the math and kill the RC and MC an you will be fine.

I remember one question from the math section which asked: a pilot increased his throttle by 20% and again by 25%, what was the total percentage? I remember there being answers in the 25% and 30% range.

The UAV section will give you like 10 sample questions, when you get to the end of the sample questions, do them over and over again until you get your times below or around a second. I practiced them maybe 20x and I killed the UAV I think I got 1 wrong out of probably 80 questions it asked me.

The flight test with the joystick and throttle, was straight forward I felt at home with that, except on the hearing portion, I didn't realize it was the actual test and thought it was still going through the sample portion. I was so tired I didn't even realize it was the actual test. Make sure you listen carefully.

So again please make sure you get your rest and stay relaxed. I know if I took it again I would be more relaxed and would probably get a higher score but I know I have a competive score.

Good luck man.