• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just thought I would be the first....

Status
Not open for further replies.

solenita72

SWO Wife
Well, JJFallon99 and Hartman were competing in amount of letters they got (lol)....I sent my husband one, two, even three letters/cards a day throughout OCS. He never made one comment to me about stopping....they will open the mail if they think there are pics, so wrap pics in paper if you can't print them on computer paper, and don't write anything on the outside of the envelope, (i.e. love you) and it will be fine. Oh make sure thier title is right (Indoctrination Candidate, Officer Candidate, ect.) Eventually they just left my husband for last when sorting the mail, because he always had a stack! It really helped me pass the time...I should of bought stock in Halmark!!!

Ironnads

To all you girlfriends and wives out there with a loved one at OCS. They will really, really love you if you send them a box of cookies.

F GTX

Travis Alexander

ghost_ttu

hehehehehe, I smell trouble....

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
When my boyfriend left to go back to OCS after Christmas, I asked him if he wanted me to stop writing every day since the worst was over. He told me absolutely not.

Travis - That's not nice!
icon_smile.gif

solenita72

SWO Wife
No Cookies!!!!!!!! (Only skinny people will get to eat them if Gunny Lewis is thier DI, and they only have 1 minute to chow down)per my ENS's account!!

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
If you want to make him standout, write him a letter but on the back of the envelope write "Is your DI really an A**hole like you said he is?" He will really standout then and will be made to feel special. My buddy (Buddy is only half a word)did that to me while I was in OCS. I was special all right! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

ghost_ttu

Does your "buddy" still have all his apendages and still breathing? Or is this one of those "Ask me no questions I will tell you no lies?"

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
No, he still lives. Dumbass went to OCS after I returned. You would be suprised at how much attention he got when he opened his package from home and it was loaded with Playgirls and a vibrator. He was the DI's Special Candidate. Of course I waited until the beginning of the second week to send it to him. I didn't want to ruin all his time at OCS. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

ghost_ttu

I've decided that when I go to field training for my 5 weeks that I will be going secretly. Frumby will have zero knowledge of my going or my whereabouts, or how to reach me. With "buddies" like Frumby I would have no need for enemies......

Originally posted by Frumby
No, he still lives. Dumbass went to OCS after I returned. You would be suprised at how much attention he got when he opened his package from home and it was loaded with Playgirls and a vibrator. He was the DI's Special Candidate. Of course I waited until the beginning of the second week to send it to him. I didn't want to ruin all his time at OCS. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

SG

jlinscott,

My wife told me that everything was taken care of for dependents when PSD issued her the new ID at OCS. All I have to do is go to my local ID card office at the Norfolk NEX. I haven't had time to go yet but I'll let you know if I have any trouble getting it.

Scott

solenita72

SWO Wife
Before my husband left Pensacola, we decided to get an update of my id. We waited forever and he had to leave so we asked and they said that he would need to be with me, but then they said that they could print out a "page 2" have him sign it and then I could go in and have the id done without him. Now, I don't know if that depends on the PSD, ours here at home are really crappy, so they probably would not do it here. My hubby got his id as soon as they got there, so it was updated in DEERS at that point, but with the expiration date of OCS, so basically she'll have to get two done, once now and once after commissioning. My husband was BDCP, too, but my ID didn't expire until 2005.

You may be able to take a copy of your OCS orders to the PSD and have them update DEERS from that to have a new ID done for her. I just asked my co-worker who's husband has been in for a while and she said that the sponsor has to be with you to have the id done. So, if you are not attached to a current command that may be able to do something for you, then I would go with taking the orders with you to get hers done and explain the situation. I think the reason here it is so hard is because our people in PSD here in Norfolk are civilians and they are clueless!

Ironnads

The problem with a smurf is that they stand out. They cannot run and they cannot hide. Time for some smurf recon

Travis Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.