• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just thought I would be the first....

Status
Not open for further replies.

solenita72

SWO Wife
My husband is currently at OCS. He is in his 7th week and is in class 08-03. I haven't really found any other wives going through this same thing....it would be nice to chat with someone! My husband entered through the BDCP back in June '99 and graduated with a degree in Computer Engineering Technology in Dec'02, his entry date into OCS was 28Sept02. We own a home in Norfolk, VA and have one daughter, Crista, age 7. We can't wait for him to come home!!

solenita72

SWO Wife
I'd like to think so ;-), but my husband keeps me going, if I were married to any other person, I don't think I could take it. You have to have a STRONG relationship to get through this, and we are lucky enough to have one!! And believe me it has not been easy, so far everything has gone wrong that could possibly have!!

ghost_ttu

He passed physical and he hasn't DOR'd, so let's not say EVERYTHING has gone wrong. You are probably just getting a few lil bumps sweetie. You gots lots of Navy ahead of you!
icon_smile_wink.gif

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

solenita72

SWO Wife
Oh, well you are right on that one, he is third in his class and is doing awesome and I am extremely proud of him for that fact!!

tali264

OK, I told you this before, but I think it is awesome you are so supportive of your husband. He's lucky to have you. And yes, you can print that and hang it on the refrigerator for him to see. [:p] Hopefully my husband will be the same way.

ghost_ttu

tali, you have to find the hubby first and then he has to agree to your lil sassy attitude! [:p]

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

e5b-wife

solenita - My husband went to the first part of OCS 6 weeks after we married. That was really rough and then the next year we had to do it all again for OCS seniors. I know how you feel about waiting for him to come home. It's hard. I agree that it takes a strong relationship to get through it but you also have to have a strong personality to be a military spouse. Just remember he'd never make it without your support and vice versa. Just think ahead to all the rewards once he finishes OCS and hug your little girl for him everyday.
Remember this won't be the last time you have to go through a separation like this. And I won't tell you it gets easier 'cause it doesn't. But your relationship will get stronger everytime he has to go away. Your family will reap the benefits of that as long as you can be the glue that holds you all together when you're apart. And after OCS you'll meet a lot more wives in your same situation once you get to your husband's unit. That's a built in support group for you. Take advantage of it. Stay strong for your family and write your husband a letter everyday, that's what I did, it helped me and I know getting mail is one of the things they look forward to the most.

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
Just a quick question for any girlfriends and/or wives...My boyfriend is about to leave for OCS, and he told me only to write once/week because he heard that any more would get him "in trouble"...I live 1000 miles from P-cola, so visiting him once he gets liberty will be near impossible because I am a full time graduate student. I would love to write him often since I wont see him for so long, but I dont want to make it any harder on him than it already will be. Thanks for any and all advice.

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Hi Megan,

My boyfriend is in his 9th week at OCS and I send him a letter or card every day and nothing has ever been said to him about the mail. I know Solenita does the same for her husband. Just don't write anything on the outside of the envelope and don't send any packages. You can send pictures but the DI will make him open it in front of him - to get around that, I just print pictures directly onto the paper.

Hope that helps!

Kathy

elise22

I'm impressed. It is great you are so supportive. I would love to have someone encouraging me like that during OCS, I'm sure it helps a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.