• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just selected, and got....

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Not really sure where to drop this question but is the navy still pushing people into the p3 or can you pretty much expect looking at p8s out of advanced. Got screwed on sitting height for 45 so trying to figure out where to line my ducks up. I really am considering maritime over helo just hoping there is a slot come December 14.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not really sure where to drop this question but is the navy still pushing people into the p3 or can you pretty much expect looking at p8s out of advanced. Got screwed on sitting height for 45 so trying to figure out where to line my ducks up. I really am considering maritime over helo just hoping there is a slot come December 14.

P-3s are still going for the next couple years so it could happen, but your odds are shifting towards P-8s since Jax is all P-8s now.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is VP-30 still making P-3 CAT I's? If so, when will they stop?

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Still making P-3 CAT-1s for the next two years I believe, but not 100% sure.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
You already know how to fly a fix wing... now take the next step to learn how to hover (forward, backwards, side to side) and fly helos.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
We're still flying hard over here while P-8's are soaking up all the det's for "air shows".[/QUOTE said:
That's because the P-3s kept missing them because of Mx problems ;) it's too bad too. It's always fun when old ladies tell you they saw your plane in a museum once and they don't fly them anymore.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's going to be a long while before they stop producing P-3 bubbas. We're still flying hard over here while P-8's are soaking up all the det's for "air shows".

PMPs on the 72 CAS site disagree with you bro ;)

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor

Anecdotal but guys that winged a few weeks ago from 31 and 35 were like 80% P-8.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
[QUOTE="MattWSU, post: 829719, member: 9680]were like 80% P-8.[/QUOTE]

BAM! There you go!!! What % get P-8s!!!!