• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just had PRK have questions

Sthompson

I just recently had PRK surgery to correct my -1.50 and -1.75 visio. By the way sorry for any spelling errors can not exactly see everything im typing. However, I had it don 4 days ago and was wondering if looking at the television or computer screen would cause enough strain to cause my eyes to heal slower or at worse case scenario not heal at all... is it possible looking at a computer screen this early may cause my vision to no achieve 20/20 oe better? please and thank you for any input

Silhouette

Stop reading this right now!

Seriously, though, if you're worried about it, why are you online looking at a computer screen? When I had my surgery, my doc gave me very specific rules as to what was okay and what was not in the first week. Didn't yours? It took me a while to be able to see computer screens/cell phone screens properly again - I'd say at least two weeks. I was careful not to strain my eyes in any way (including squinting at computer and cell phone screens) and to do the eye drops exactly as directed. I'm 20/13 three years later. I suppose everyone's mileage may vary, though. Now, go rest your eyeballs and listen to some music or somethin.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please step away from the computer screen. Do what your surgeon told you. To. The. LETTER. He or she is the expert, not us. Don't worry unless the doc tells you to worry.

Stuff will take awhile to dial in correctly. I had PRK on one eye, went to NYC with my folks about a week or two later, and saw two Statues of Liberty from Battery Park. I ended up 20/10, got my upchit, and have been flying for the Navy since 2004.

jbweldon04

Eye Guy
I'm an Optician, so I know a little bit about this. You won't mess anything up from looking at television screens or computer screens. PRK reshapes your cornea, but looking at screens won't mess it up. Just take your drops correctly, that's the biggest thing. Don't mess up with any of the four drops you start with, and never miss a time with the steroid drops. Also, there is no such thing as overdosing on the Refresh drops. Use those excessively.

alaurin

All day, every day!
It depends on your brain actually, some people have more receptors for vision due to genetics. I have Custom PRK with NVision in 2011 and I can pass at 20/10. Prior to PRK, I corrected to 20/15 with soft contacts.

Be sure to keep up on all your drops. The dry eye can take up to 6 months to go away. Supposedly taking Omega-3 or fish oil helps with the tear film thickness.