• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just got my CCW permit!

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Woohoo! Go me! It's my birthday!

Ok, it's not really my birthday, but I did get my CCW permit today.

Anyone have any good holster recommendations for a full size 1911?

T

TXHusker05

Road Program said:
Woohoo! Go me! It's my birthday!

Ok, it's not really my birthday, but I did get my CCW permit today.

Anyone have any good holster recommendations for a full size 1911?

It depends on what kind of holster you are looking for? Inside the waistband, small of back, etc.

When I ordered my Kimber 1911 a few months ago, they threw in a Galco inside the waistband holster that worked very well. It was actually quite comfortable but I couldn't use it after I put my flashlight on the rail.

Let me know what type of holster you are looking for and I will give a recommendation.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
To carry my fullsize 1911, I use the Galco "inside out" (rough side out, smooth side in) inside-the-waistband holster. Very comfortable, has a retention strap, and the smooth side being in makes it a very quick draw compared to a lot of other IWBs I have used. Other than IWB, I would suggest a pancake holster...over time it will SOMEWHAT adapt to the curve of your hip, which makes it one of the more comfortable/concealable belt holster-types out there.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
VetteMuscle427 said:
still waiting on my paperwork.... how long'd it take you?

43 days...give or take. I'm in VA and the law here says you will get an answer w/in 45 days. Some cities take longer than others.

TXHUSKER....

I'd like to have an inside the waistband holster.

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
I agree with the C-Tac. Go to comp-tac.com and check out their c-tac. It's what I use with my fullsize HK.

T

TXHusker05

Road Program said:
43 days...give or take. I'm in VA and the law here says you will get an answer w/in 45 days. Some cities take longer than others.

TXHUSKER....

I'd like to have an inside the waistband holster.

Then I'd recommend the holster Metro mentioned, that is the same as mine. It is really nice and very comfortable to wear.