• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgfighter

Hey,

I wanted to know the individual stories behind everyone's decision to fly NAVY. Like, "Why did you choose Navy?" "Have you always wanted to fly?" and yada, yada, yada.. I myself originally didn't think about it for a career choice until a few months ago. I've always had the passion for flight and respected it so that I thought having the opportunity to be a pilot was beyond my reach. So I settled for persuing another passion, albiet the weaker of the two, of making money. So I started pursuing a degree in business. My wake-up call I guess was the daily drive past the airport and seeing ANG F-15s flying their daily missions. I would look up and tell myself that I had missed my calling and get upset. I had the impression that it was too late for me because I lacked the degree and I was too old. Also I was headed in the business/computer programming field and figured that my path was set. I got tired of it and started doing some research to see if being a pilot was really out of my reach as I had thought. I was estatic, better yet thrilled that it wasn't too late and I had a chance. So as of now I'm in the process of doing some last minute grooming(euphamism for getting my butt off the couch, and making myself look better on paper) and other things for the app. process. I might not have a stellar background that the Navy is looking for, but I'm going for it anyway. No, I'm not a felon or a destined for a padded cell. I just know that I'm confident enough in my own abilities that I'm not going to be the one that closes the door on such a great opportunity as this due to self-doubt. I'll let the needs of the Navy do that or hopefully open the door for me. Gotta look at the world in a 'glass-half-full' way

Erin
GO NAVY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.