• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just curious...

phrogpilot73

Since I'm applying for the DCA program and I've invested a buttload in them...

Are annodized medals authorized in the USCG? I poured over the uniform regs and couldn't find anything about it...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Arent you gonna take a cut in rank to do that?

As someone who has been reviewing the financials of what happens if you get out altogether, the pay cut isn't really that big deal. So you're an O-2 over 10 (or whatever phrog is w/ his prior time) for two or so years. It's still better than having no paycheck and actually having to work for a living.

BTW, my dad made up a quick spreadsheet for me on what happens if you stay to 20 as an O-4 and then get out and live to be 80. Holy banknotes, batman!

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Since I'm applying for the DCA program and I've invested a buttload in them...

Are annodized medals authorized in the USCG? I poured over the uniform regs and couldn't find anything about it...

I couldn't find anything about anodized medals; uniform regs cover anodized breast insignia, but not medals. When I get back to work I'll check the Medals & Awards Manual to see if it covers it at all. You probably won't have to wear them much so it won't come up much; I would move forward with wearing them until someone says differently.

Also, both regs were updated in the last few years and no longer clearly identify what medals/ribbons are authorized. Perhaps they will be updated again, soon. Doubtful, though.