• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 22-23 Gun show, JAX

MasterBates

Anyone going to the gunshow at the fairgrounds? I am broke, awaiting perdiem payment, but I am going to look with a couple other pilots.

It is sad, that I am the squadron firearm expert.

We have one guy from MASS that is finally throwing free the shackles, and getting an EVIL BLACK RIFLE! Or an AK, or some other gun that makes Ted Kennedy wet his bed at the thought of.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I went to a huge gunshow in Jax about a month ago... freakin sweet. I can't tell you how much I want to get in to collecting that WWII NAZI war medals/firearms. I don't know why I find it so intriguing. I saw an authentic "russian front" Nazi medal for $30... man I wanted to buy it. I think it's something about owning a piece of history that survived the years. Also saw a promossion letter signed by hitler; little out of my price range though.
/end threadjack

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
You've got to be careful with some of that "historic" stuff. Some of it is fake.

I saw an episode of "Antiques Roadshow" where a guy brought in what he thought was a Confederate Army sword that he had bought. The appraiser said it was a fake that was being made in Asia and then "aged". He also said it was worth $80, but he had seen people pay $1000 for one.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, a lot of the Nazi stuff is fake. Gotta know what you're looking at.

I really want a Nazi K98.

MasterBates

Picked up this:

ARsmall.JPG

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I saw an episode of "Antiques Roadshow" where a guy brought in what he thought was a Confederate Army sword that he had bought. The appraiser said it was a fake that was being made in Asia and then "aged". He also said it was worth $80, but he had seen people pay $1000 for one.

So was this before or after you watched the Christopher Lowell show?

index_left.jpg

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Just wanted to say Goober, love that avatar. Dave Chapelle does a pretty good impersonation of Howard Dean doesn't he? /threadjack

MasterBates

The lower is made by LAR, but has "Spikes' Tactical" as the manufacturer. Custom AR/Class 3 shop in the Tampa area.

The "words" are:
HADJI LETTERS
(INFIDEL)

It is a process that changes the color of the anodize, and does not wash off or rub off. He can do any thing you want for $20, as long as the file you give him is clean. Marine EGA, US Army, SEAL and some other things, like the "Punisher" skull are stock, and no fee.

He also gave me and PR1 free "INFIDEL" hats, and a bag 'o parts (pins, screws, etc) that were cosmetic blemish, but OK to build with.

PR1 Bought a Rifle (INFIDEL) and Pistol (PUNISHER) lowers.

$100 with tax. Cost more to order and pay for transfer and shipping with the online ones I found.

I am thinking of getting a pistol lower with Aviator Wings.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The lower is made by LAR, but has "Spikes' Tactical" as the manufacturer. Custom AR/Class 3 shop in the Tampa area.

The "words" are:
HADJI LETTERS
(INFIDEL)
Dunno if you care, but the Arabic is meaningless.
31483811_240x240_F.jpg

equals "Infidel"

Edit: here's a question for the gun nuts . . . is it possible to get a pistol slide engraved if it is a blued/parkerized/Tennifer/etc. finish without going through into the bare metal? Or would it need to be refinished?