• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN July 2017 CEC Board

I'm creating this thread for anyone who has their package submitted for the July 2017 CEC board. I've got my package in for this board and if anyone else does or anyone already in has any comments/advice relative to their experiences, feel free to post.

TJ Steel

No kidding, I logged in just to create this thread myself! I submitted my package at the end of June. Got a call from a recruiter I had worked with 2 years ago trying to get EDO. To make the story short, he asked if I was interested in CEC and told me it was wide open. Most of the items in my previous package were still good, including my physical. So here I am, a CEC hopeful. I'm a selres E-6, 12 years in, 5 on active duty. Bachelors in M.E and Master's in engineering mgt. I work as a fluid power design engineer. My OR told me the board was going to convene today, although the CNR schedule says August 14th. What have you heard? Good luck to us!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
No kidding, I logged in just to create this thread myself! I submitted my package at the end of June. Got a call from a recruiter I had worked with 2 years ago trying to get EDO. To make the story short, he asked if I was interested in CEC and told me it was wide open. Most of the items in my previous package were still good, including my physical. So here I am, a CEC hopeful. I'm a selres E-6, 12 years in, 5 on active duty. Bachelors in M.E and Master's in engineering mgt. I work as a fluid power design engineer. My OR told me the board was going to convene today, although the CNR schedule says August 14th. What have you heard? Good luck to us!

Are you applying for active duty or DCO/SELRES?

exNavyOffRec

This would be the thread for those trying to go AD, but whether AD or reserves CEC is never "wide open" it is one of the most competitive programs, especially with all the cuts they did a few year back.

TJ Steel

I just realized Matthew was referring to an active duty board. It seems I'm gonna have to start the CEC DCO thread after all. Well, in regards to the wide open comment that's exactly what the recruiter said. I'm well aware DCO in any designator is very competitive but hearing that got me extra motivated, maybe that was his intention.

Ya, I'm applying for AD. That board is convening on July 24. I'm also an M.E. with a masters in M.E. My experience is in medical device design and manufacturing.

I'd like to hear some of your additional stats if you wouldnt mind sharing.

And @NavyOffRec or @RUFiO181 have either of you heard about the board convening? I know the date, are they keeping to their schedule?

Thanks
-Matt

Hayley D.

Hey Matt! My package is in this board as well. I have been working towards getting a pro-rec for over two years, and I am very anxious for the results. More so every day.

It sounds like we may be in similar situations, with OCS dates as soon as possible.

21 years old
BSE ChemE, 3.26 GPA, May 2017
Scheduled date for sitting for my EIT
1 Year Work Experience for a large energy company, with a focus in design and construction of renewable energy and efficiency projects
OSHA 30 Certified
60 OAR

I am not sure how helpful it is in a board, but I also have already received my TS clearance. I have pretty diverse leadership experience and average but passing physical stats. As far as LOR's, mine are from two PE's and a Certified Energy Manager. (CEM) I believe these will be helpful.

As far as the dates, my regional recruiter called earlier this week and it might have seemed that it got moved to later this week? Or it could still be happening on Monday.
Fingers crossed for both of us. It's going to be a long couple of weeks.

exNavyOffRec

Hey Matt! My package is in this board as well. I have been working towards getting a pro-rec for over two years, and I am very anxious for the results. More so every day.

It sounds like we may be in similar situations, with OCS dates as soon as possible.

21 years old
1 Year Work Experience for a large energy company, with a focus in design and construction of renewable energy and efficiency projects
OSHA 30 Certified
60 OAR

I am not sure how helpful it is in a board, but I also have already received my TS clearance. I have pretty diverse leadership experience and average but passing physical stats. As far as LOR's, mine are from two PE's and a Certified Energy Manager. (CEM) I believe these will be helpful.

As far as the dates, my regional recruiter called earlier this week and it might have seemed that it got moved to later this week? Or it could still be happening on Monday.

Not having taken the EIT already will hurt you.

exNavyOffRec

We will see what happens.

My CEC accessions officer did not have his FE until he was ready to take his PE in the Navy, so it can still happen. But again, it'll just depend on the case by case scenarios for this month, as it's too late now.

It does depend on the accessions officers, I can tell you that during my 3 plus years recruiting CEC officers not one was selected that hadn't passed the EIT exam, even if one accessions officer was ok with it all 3 needed to give a thumbs up for a Pro Y.

Hayley D.

It does depend on the accessions officers, I can tell you that during my 3 plus years recruiting CEC officers not one was selected that hadn't passed the EIT exam, even if one accessions officer was ok with it all 3 needed to give a thumbs up for a Pro Y.

Wow, good to know. If it's a no this round, I'll have my EIT by the next board at least, as I'm taking it next month. Thanks.

21 years old
OSHA 30 Certified
60 OAR

Hi Hayley,

It looks like you have a pretty solid package even without the EIT. The recruiters on here know much more than I do obviously but I hope you have success at this board!

It would be nice if they moved up the board, even by just a few days.

Just so you know, Rufio and another OR posted a document in another thread (required reading) called the OCS survivors guide. Its a pretty informative document.

Anyways, Good Luck!

-Matt

Hayley D.

Hi Hayley,

It looks like you have a pretty solid package even without the EIT. The recruiters on here know much more than I do obviously but I hope you have success at this board!

It would be nice if they moved up the board, even by just a few days.

Just so you know, Rufio and another OR posted a document in another thread (required reading) called the OCS survivors guide. Its a pretty informative document.

Anyways, Good Luck!

-Matt

Yeah, I'm truly hoping that my work experience helps me to make up for the EIT. My package has quite a few project documents and ACAD drawings from my work, so we will see. I've heard of people getting accepted with the contingency of passing their EIT before OCS. It's hard to gauge anything with how little information there is about CEC, as well as with the rotating quotas each quarter.

anteater

Does anybody know when we will hear back? I know the board just convened but was wondering if anybody knows how long it takes to hear acceptance responses.

Hayley D.

Does anybody know when we will hear back? I know the board just convened but was wondering if anybody knows how long it takes to hear acceptance responses.
I was told beginning to middle of August, but there's a lot of factors that can make it sooner, or later.

I think Hayley has a pretty decent gauge on the timeline for the results to be released so I dont have anything to add as for as thats concerned.

What are your stats if you dont mind posting?