• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 1 OCS start date

OT-VA

I realize this a more OCS focused question, but I'm curious if anyone has any information regarding the July 1 start date and if there are any other intel selects who will be starting on this date.

E5toOLand

Forged by NKO
(Before beginning my barrage of questions) I think the site moderators normally want this kind of thread started in the "OCS Class Dates and Information" category. I'm not sure if they'd go so far as to ask you to restart the thread there, though.

(Now, onto my questions) Firstly, congratulations on making it this far in applying to a highly competitive designator. Unfortunately I don't have any illuminating info for you regarding your query, but as we're digging for the same gouge I am curious: Do you have confirmed, hard copy orders to OCS with a 01JUL18 start date? If so, how long did you wait between PROREC-Y and FINSEL? I received my PROREC-Y for 1830 on 04APR18, so I'm in "FINSEL Purgatory," so to speak.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

OT-VA

Thank you both for the responses.

I'm currently finishing my graduate thesis at an international school and have thus had off and on communication with my OR on the matter. I was aiming for a start date in September or October to give time for thesis completion, but was informed that the July 1 date is the only left of FY18. Since I hadn't heard much from home, I wanted to investigate whether or not any other selectees have heard about their status.

As you both noted, my OR made clear that a letter most likely won't be cut until May or even June. To be frank, I've spent most of my time in the private sector and in school, so the process itself is quite foreign to me. Thank you both for your time and notes.

I'll be sure to post on that thread once I hear more from my OR.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I am also an 1830 selectee and my recruiter speculates that FINSELs will be cut next month or June, too. My availability for OCS is 01JUL so I am curious as to what class they will put me in, since getting one right at your availability isn't guaranteed. Though I'm not sure about it being the last available class to put us in, because this
As per CANTRAC, below is the schedule of classes for FY-2018. With it being a fiscal year schedule, only classes forming up prior to 1 October, 2018 are displayed. Keep in mind it always subject to change but this should give everyone a good idea in the meantime.

4 Feb - 27 Apr
25 Feb - 18 May
18 Mar - 08 Jun
08 Apr - 29 Jun
29 Apr - 20 Jul
20 May - 10 Aug
10 Jun - 31 Aug
01 Jul - 21 Sep
22 Jul - 12 Oct
12 Aug - 02 Nov
02 Sep - 21 Nov
23 Sep - 14 Dec
was posted in this: https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/2018-ocs-schedule.45470/ thread and it states that it is all for FY18.

OT-VA

@
I am also an 1830 selectee and my recruiter speculates that FINSELs will be cut next month or June, too. My availability for OCS is 01JUL so I am curious as to what class they will put me in, since getting one right at your availability isn't guaranteed. Though I'm not sure about it being the last available class to put us in, because this
was posted in this: https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/2018-ocs-schedule.45470/ thread and it states that it is all for FY18.
Are you in coms with Norfolk or Phoenix? Also did you go to school VA? I find it odd that Richmond would state that July 1 is the only FY18 date.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
@

Are you in coms with Norfolk or Phoenix? Also did you go to school VA? I find it odd that Richmond would state that July 1 is the only FY18 date.

Phoenix is the NRD I am out of. I did go to school in Virginia, born and raised there. Not sure why your recruiter would tell you 01JUL was the last FY18 class. Maybe the last exclusively FY18 class? Like some boards are for both FY18/FY19 selections. Who knows. But CANTRAC is the resource recruiters and military personnel use for all commencements of various programs and such. For example: IPBC and NIOBC class schedules are on there as well as the OCS schedule DunderMifflin posted (and I'm sure dozens of others)

OT-VA

Phoenix is the NRD I am out of. I did go to school in Virginia, born and raised there. Not sure why your recruiter would tell you 01JUL was the last FY18 class. Maybe the last exclusively FY18 class? Like some boards are for both FY18/FY19 selections. Who knows. But CANTRAC is the resource recruiters and military personnel use for all commencements of various programs and such. For example: IPBC and NIOBC class schedules are on there as well as the OCS schedule DunderMifflin posted (and I'm sure dozens of others)
Where did you go to school? Did they have NROTC there or no?