• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jacksonville Apt/House

IrishNavy05

pilot
Contributor
I'm moving to Jacksonville next week and have been having trouble finding a decent apartment or house. My roommate is there now, looking at places, and says most look like dumps. We've heard that the Southside area is the best place to be, since it's about halfway between the beach and NAS Jax. Anybody have any recommendations?

We're looking for pet friendly 2-3BR, 1200+ sqft (I have a yellow lab that needs space), under $1200.

Also, where are the alleged bars that everyone goes to in Jax? I've heard there are some by the beach, but what about Southside?

Thanks for the help

MasterBates

I know of a house.. You have to share it with this though:

manatee_faceR.gif

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I agree with your assessment of where to live; this is a great central location, about halfway between everything, which works pretty well. While I wouldn't precisely recommend my specific place (Villa Medici--PM for details), I'd recommend my general area, here--I know it doesn't look like there's a road, but Gate Pkwy extends through the empty space paralleling JTB. I'd say any of the apartments on Gate Pkwy look pretty nice (Ironwood, Gardens at Hampton (?), Villa Medici, etc). We're very close to the St. John's Towncenter, which is this new, very fancy strip mall with nice restaurants and stores. There are plenty of places up and down Southside as well that I never looked at that seem pretty nice as well.

As far as bars go, there are a few down the road from me within extreme stumbling distance: the Southside Ale House, Mellow Mushroom, and maybe a few others. I've heard of Tera Nova but haven't ever been there. I haven't been super impressed with the Southside bars, though; we go to the beach a lot though since lots of folks live out that way and we can crash with them. I've been out downtown once and was not impressed at all.

IrishNavy05

pilot
Contributor
Heard anything about Southern Pines, just off of Southside Blvd, or The Colony at Deerwood, on Gate Pkwy?

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Nope, sorry. The Colony had pretty good reviews on Apartment Ratings.com, though.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Well, Depending on where/when I start college. My place may come up for sale in Late Winter/Early Spring. ~1900sf 3bd/2ba. Completely remodeld kitchen andmaster bath with granite and whirlpool tub on .75 acre. built in 1991. Sub-division in Argyle Forest. Looking to get around $230 for it... pm me if your interested..

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
See my post from a couple days ago- might be bigger than you're looking for, but Mandarin is a good area, less traffic than Southside.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I saw that pic of Smitty's house--looks AWESOME, and he's probably right about the traffic.

Scoob, I have no idea what you're talking about.... :D