• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board June 2020

NCCGT

Wicked good OAR! Makes me feel like I should re-take. Best of luck to you!
Your OAR is more than fine. People with much higher OARs than yours have been passed on and others with lower OARs have been picked up. With your package, I wouldn’t risk taking it again.

cebo12

Hey! Glad I came across this thread. Applied to intel, stats are:

Female, age 21
BA: Political Communication from GWU (3.85)
OAR: 63
Skills: Data analysis in R, Python, and SQL. Also in really good shape physically which I briefly mentioned in my statement lol
LOR: 1 from a coach, 1 from my data analysis prof, 1 from a boss at campus job, 1 from a professor/ state department FSO, 1 from a congressman/former seal I interned for a few years ago
Meps and security clearance both complete without issue

Hoping this and (what I think was) a solid motivational statement will carry me through. But trying not to get my hopes up since this is my first time applying and intel is crazy competitive. As far as I can tell, the board is set to meet June 29th so we can tentatively expect results late July? I know everything is up in the air bc of covid, but if anyone receives additional info I'd definitely appreciate it.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

GeauxWave

World's okayest paralegal
Hey all. Applying for June for IWC (1830) and August SWO here.

Not prior Military. I spent a year in VISTA, the domestic equivalent of the PeaceCorps after college.

OAR: 61
GPA: 3.23 History and Political Science
LORs: Retired O-5 (Air force) head of my trial team, Retired O-4 (Navy), senior partner I directly report to at my firm.

Really hoping my mediocre GPA with a liberal arts degree and not ultra above the curve OAR score don't destroy my chances immediately.

Best of luck everyone!

cebo12

Hey all. Applying for June for IWC (1830) and August SWO here.

Not prior Military. I spent a year in VISTA, the domestic equivalent of the PeaceCorps after college.

OAR: 61
GPA: 3.23 History and Political Science
LORs: Retired O-5 (Air force) head of my trial team, Retired O-4 (Navy), senior partner I directly report to at my firm.

Really hoping my mediocre GPA with a liberal arts degree and not ultra above the curve OAR score don't destroy my chances immediately.

Best of luck everyone!
I'm sure your experience will be a plus! 61 is pretty solid-- seems like everyone applying to this board has a really good OAR

navy1111

Applying for june IWC and August swo. Waiting for the board to meet, curious how I stack up.
Age 24
Not prior military
GPA: 3.47
Major: biochemistry
Oar 71
LOR 2 current bosses and a former prof who I did research with.
A fair bit of leadership experience.e

Given that info, how competitive am I?

Last edited:

cebo12

Hey guys, assuming the board did convene yesterday, best of luck to all in the final stretch of this waiting game. I have two questions if anyone happens to have any insight.

1. How can someone with a CAC (active duty) log into to see the "at board list"? If anyone knows but doesn't feel comfortable posting I would definitely appreciate a DM.

2. Is it unusual for them not to start the security clearance check until after the board meets? I had an agent reach out to me in March but my friend who's on the same board hasn't heard anything yet.

For the June board last year results were out in 10 days ? Something tells me it won't be the same with COVID, but one can dream. Good luck guys!

Ancalagon

Hey all! I'm at this board as well, going for #1 Intel and #2 SWO. I'm a nonselect from the March board earlier this year (went for Crypto & Intel) but was able to reapply after making significant changes to my application.

It took 5-6 weeks for us to get results after the March board convened. It was a pretty painful wait! Hopefully this board doesn't take so long to find out, but there's no way to know ahead of time. ?

exNavyOffRec

Hey guys, assuming the board did convene yesterday, best of luck to all in the final stretch of this waiting game. I have two questions if anyone happens to have any insight.

1. How can someone with a CAC (active duty) log into to see the "at board list"? If anyone knows but doesn't feel comfortable posting I would definitely appreciate a DM.

2. Is it unusual for them not to start the security clearance check until after the board meets? I had an agent reach out to me in March but my friend who's on the same board hasn't heard anything yet.

For the June board last year results were out in 10 days ? Something tells me it won't be the same with COVID, but one can dream. Good luck guys!

The process has changed, and it changed before COVID, the normal wait now will be between 3-6 weeks.

cebo12

I’m sorry I post so frequently on this thread but does any one know if the board has actually convened yet? I asked my recruiter but she said she has no idea. I know it’s still too early to expect results but the grumblings on the supply thread are making me a bit nervous.

EugeneGreen

IWC candidates, does anyone have suggestions on how to contact an officer in the Navy IWC community for an Interview? I've searched through the forums and don't see an immediate answer. -Thank You

topswattashawn

IWC candidates, does anyone have suggestions on how to contact an officer in the Navy IWC community for an Interview? I've searched through the forums and don't see an immediate answer. -Thank You

If you’re AD, you can do a Search by Designator in FLTMPS. That’ll list all the IP officers in the entire Navy. Filter down by those closest to you and then just call their command quarterdeck and see if they’re willing to talk to you. That’s what I did, and I got 5 appraisals. Every single one of them were excited to do an appraisal for me.

It also helped that I sent them a full career summary, a full biography and my last 5 years of Evals in a nice professional email before I called, so they know it wasn’t some frivolous call and it was worth playing ball.

To get their email, you can just search your Outlook global. In my case, I had no access to that as I was working from an Air Force Base and my global was for Air Force. To get around that, there is a tool many don’t know exist - the DoD has an online ‘white pages’ aka DoD Global Directory. It’s public and it lists every single person that works for Department of Defense - military and civilians. I believe it requires CAC access though. Link below.

Maybe I was just lucky, but it can’t hurt to try. Be professional, be persistent.