• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 16 SEPT 2019

CowboyFan15

The INTEL portion of the September IWC board is still cancelled. Unless the OCS processors are mistaken, which I doubt, here is their response:

"The INTEL board for September, 2019 is canceled. The IWC Program Manager received the September 2019 INTEL board cancellation notice from Captain Richardson."

also...

"Captain Richardson is the Senior Officer Community Manager for all of the IWC Officer designators. She may be reviewing OCS packages sent for the other IWC designators."

That is straight from Mr. Williams. If you have questions, I would contact the OCS processors. They have been helpful throughout both of my package submissions.
Just talked to Paul Celestine in Millington and you are 100% correct. only the Intel portion is cancelled and all packages are being forwarded to the December board.

There go my Christmas holiday plans

Crypto234

Good luck to everyone who applied! I've seen a couple of people who applied for IP, but out of curiosity, did anyone else apply for CW? I'm anxiously awaiting the results and misery loves company.

EM123

I did, I was at 71.5 months active duty when I submitted my application however, so I might get overlooked because of the 6 year active duty limit for CW. I was told I should be fine though. Just trying not to think about it. In past IWC threads the shortest wait I saw was 10 working days the longest was almost 6 weeks.... either way we have some time.

Crypto234

Ah. That's so close! I hope it goes through for you. I noticed the same wait time as well. 6 weeks would be miserable, but hopefully it's because so many people were getting picked up. Only time will tell for us!

EM123

im thinking it will be a little quicker on this one because there is no Intel portion and that is roughly 50% of the applicants.

exNavyOffRec

Just because the Intel portion isn't happening doesn't mean those candidates didn't apply for Intel and IP or Intel and CW, so there are still many applications to sort through.

esthys2002

Hi everyone. Just starting a thread for the upcoming IWC board in September. My package is about finished, I should be submitting within a week or two. How are everyone's packages coming along?

27 years old
AWR2 Naval Tactical Aircrewman
NAC/AW/SW
Bachelor's: The Ohio State University. Major: Security and Intelligence. 3.5 GPA
Master's: Georgetown University. Major: Applied Intelligence (In-progress). 3.67 GPA.
Appraisals: O-5 (N2), O-4, 2 O-3s. All INTEL Officers.

Applying for INTEL/1830
Hi,
I'm also working on my package for Intel Officer.

esthys2002

Retook the OAR today. Got a 62. My advice: Search the forums for test tips! I improved my score 10 points by using the practice tests and gouge I found on this site. Best of luck to everyone applying for this board!
What practice test did you use?

Crypto234

What practice test did you use?
Every single one I could find. I may sound like a terrible person, but I even studied in the hospital while my wife was in labor (during the brief moments she could sleep of course). Just search for them on here and study as hard as you can.

pandastyle00

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. My packet was submitted to this board as well. Anyone hear back from their recruiters about the results of the board?

SemperFi1989

Same here. The last update my recruiter and I received was yesterday saying that the board convened Wednesday and we are just waiting for the results to be posted

titohungus

I submitted for the SEP 4 board with my choices 1) INTEL 2) CW 3) SWO-IW

Since the Intel board is pushed 'till DEC, what happens if I get picked up for my other two choices?

Crypto234

My Chain of Command is wanting to hold a meeting tomorrow that they won't give me any details about. Pretty suspicious and I'm hopeful that it's all good news! It's going to be tough to sleep tonight...