• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 10 JUN 2019

I just submitted as well. Good luck to everyone. 3rd time to apply.

Active Duty: IS2
Evals: MP (Periodic - welcome aboard), EP (Periodic #3 of 45), MP
Undergrad: 3.6 Business and Economics
Graduate: 3.7 MBA
OAR: 67
Appraisals: 06 (CVN XO), 05 (CVN IO), 04 (CVN AIO)
LORs: 4-Star, 2-star (both Navy)
Applying for: Intel

soharo

I just submitted as well. Good luck to everyone. 3rd time to apply.

Active Duty: IS2
Evals: MP (Periodic - welcome aboard), EP (Periodic #3 of 45), MP
Undergrad: 3.6 Business and Economics
Graduate: 3.7 MBA
OAR: 67
Appraisals: 06 (CVN XO), 05 (CVN IO), 04 (CVN AIO)
LORs: 4-Star, 2-star (both Navy)
Applying for: Intel

What you listed seems pretty impressive. Any idea why you didn't get selected on the previous boards? The acceptance rate for the past few intel boards has been relatively high

Yeah.... i should caveat this a bit. My first submission was pretty crap. It was nearly 5 years ago. No MBA, no flag letters, mediocre evals, previous rate was non-IW, etc......

The 2nd submission never got to board. Again, previous rate was non-IW. I was applying for Crypto and was not aware that CW was not accepting any priors over 6 years. I had just passed my 6 year mark, and would have needed a waiver or an exception to policy. Anyway, I missed the board and by the time i was to apply for a new board, i had been accepted to cross rate to IS and was coming up on orders, so i elected not to continue with that process and would try again once i arrived at my new command and rate.

This time, I think I've gotten myself in about as good of a spot as I can get.

AULANI

Yeah.... i should caveat this a bit. My first submission was pretty crap. It was nearly 5 years ago. No MBA, no flag letters, mediocre evals, previous rate was non-IW, etc......

The 2nd submission never got to board. Again, previous rate was non-IW. I was applying for Crypto and was not aware that CW was not accepting any priors over 6 years. I had just passed my 6 year mark, and would have needed a waiver or an exception to policy. Anyway, I missed the board and by the time i was to apply for a new board, i had been accepted to cross rate to IS and was coming up on orders, so i elected not to continue with that process and would try again once i arrived at my new command and rate.

I would be shocked if you didn't get picked up with that OAR score and GPA. Much better than I had when I got picked up.

scs_mh60

Out of curiosity, what was your previous rate?

Jmanstar

Would anyone know the acceptance rate for IP board as far as if they are very selective in who they choose or not?

NC2018

Every job in IW is very selective compared to say SWO, which had something like an 85% acceptance last board