• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWBC As a Reservist

StayingHydrated

Warriors,

The 1835 program authorization currently states that IWBC must be completed after ODS and preceding RNIOB (source at the end of this message). Despite the stated requirement, my understanding is that this course is currently waived, which probably explains why I cant find course dates for reservists in CANTRAC, only for AD.

HOWEVER, if I as a reservist actually DO want to attend IWBC but only see AD seats available on CANTRAC, what steps can I take to secure a seat even while the course is waived for reservists? I see plenty of seats available for every IWBC session in FY 24 and 25, so I strongly believe I will not be taking a seat from an existing AD that requires the resource.

Your advice is very appreciated.

V/R,
StayingHydrated

Source from MyNavyHR:
Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 7.04.46 PM.png

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Hat trick on the thread creation.

You won’t attend IWBC - they don’t have any quotas for 18X5s. Lots of rumors out there that it will eventually be required for 18X5, but I’ll believe the rumor once it becomes official CNIFR policy.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
I wouldn't expect anything to come out for a bit, unless Tony pushes it. Last heard it was a money issue.

CNIFR is up to their ears now with REDCENs ..NRC responsibilities are starting to get pushed to them now bit by bit.