• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is the BDCP closed for 2011

nba1290

Lucky is right

Now don't quote me on this as I still need to do a bit more digging, but I went in for my face to face meeting with my OR yesterday and he told me that BDCP is done for, as in not just taking a break for a few years. I'm not taking his word for it as he's told me some incorrect info before, but if that is true, what a bummer. Basically, he said it just isn't necessary anymore with so many people applying for OCS anyway due to the crappy economy. I count myself extremely lucky to have gotten into BDCP when I did as I'm sure all the other BDCP guys are. It's a great program, but I think most of us can agree it's one of the best scams in the Navy. If this is true good luck to everyone with OCS applications.

Couldn't agree with you more Phoenix289 we got in at the right time if this is true. I got BDCP, sworn in last September, and I knew all while I was applying for BDCP that they were going to be limiting pilot slots for the rest of FY10. Have you gotten your class date yet? I'm getting a little antsy as I'm graduating in May and I've yet to hear anything when I see so many others classing up for July August and September who are BDCP SNAs... Any feedback would be appreciated.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
It definately is a good deal, and maybe Big Navy is getting wise, I know when I tell people how I'm getting paid before I go they look at me with a confused look, like "what kinda bs is this kid selling me?"

nba1290

I hear you I've done a few brief talks to a couple of my campus clubs and I always get raised eyebrows. Let the dollaz do the talking. I'm about to invest in a BDCP-mobile myself

CStudent

It definately is a good deal, and maybe Big Navy is getting wise, I know when I tell people how I'm getting paid before I go they look at me with a confused look, like "what kinda bs is this kid selling me?"

Your pay comes with considerable obligation. More than someone in DEP or ROTC, and imo equal to someone in STA-21 or one of the Academies.

I think BDCP is a great deal, but I'd be very sorry to see it go if for no other reason than there are very few programs that reach out to those who are halfway through school and may not have easy access to the appropriate ROTC program. Or who are too old for ROTC but not too old to commission.

I'd honestly rather see them cut pay/benefits/number of slots each year than kill the program altogether.

Bloodline

Hello, my name is Lewis and I'd like to apply for the commissioning program so I want you guys to tell me what are my chances with the stats. I have not taken the OAR yet.

Business Administration Major
Kingsborough Community College
GPA - 1.14 (13 credits)
5 years military experience
Currently an E-4 in the army

GreenLantern330

Hello, my name is Lewis and I'd like to apply for the commissioning program so I want you guys to tell me what are my chances with the stats. I have not taken the OAR yet.

GPA - 1.14 (13 credits)

Is your GPA a typo?

GreenLantern330

Oh, ok. I'm sorry if that came off rude, just curious. People generally don't answer those 'what are my chances' type questions here at airwarriors. It's generally hard to tell you what will get you in... or so that's what they say. The selection boards use the 'whole person concept.' This means they'll take it all into account: GPA, major, school, extracurriculars, motivation statement, LORs, ASTB or OAR, etc. So, it's hard to tell anyone their chances, however, I believe there's a minimum 2.5 GPA requirement for all general officer positions. Also, I don't think they accept, or at least it's tough to get them to look at, credits from a community college.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
To add on what Green said. I believe you will also have to maintain a 2.7 for BDCP. You need to get that GPA up if you are seriously considering BDCP!

Zoe2011

GPA - 1.14 (13 credits)

Your GPA is VERY Low. I would say you wouldn't have a chance unless you had a 3.0 or higher. Not to be a downer but this GPA does not show passing or excelling academics.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
Just looking at your GPA, I would highly suggest breaking out excel and doing the math to figure out just how many more A's/classes/semesters it would take to recover. I know from experience that after digging yourself a hole gpa-wise, getting out isn't easy. Fortunately, 13 credits isn't much (maybe 4 classes?), but these grades are laying a foundation. Definitely try to pull that up!