• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is Rota ever going to close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmouth

You know I don't speak Spanish!
Quick question. I want Rota real bad after T-44's. Does anyone know if people are still selecting Rota, and whether the base is ever really going to close? I've been hearing that it is for 2 years now, but no one knows for sure.

Thanks.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, not being a smartass, but you have to go to the FRS after T-44s...that's beside the point. Latest word is that all Rota EP-3 activity is moving to Whidbey. They'll have concrete info for you when you fill out your location dream sheet.

The base itself isn't scheduled to close for a while, as far as I have heard.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
bigmouth said:
Quick question. I want Rota real bad after T-44's. Does anyone know if people are still selecting Rota, and whether the base is ever really going to close? I've been hearing that it is for 2 years now, but no one knows for sure.

Thanks.

Expect the move to start this winter or spring, and it is a pretty sure thing unfortunately. I spent about a week total in Rota and I can say without reservation, it was truly one of the last, best deals in the Navy. It is awfully sad to see it go :( but it is good for the Navy and VQ. Still sucks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.