• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is Rosacea Disqualifying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeAE2005

I have a condition called Rosacea. I'm sure you've seen commercials for it. Basically, your cheeks on both sides of your nose get slightly red in color. If you had a mild case (me), this redness will mostly go away with a water-based gel medicine. But that's all it is, a slight redness (it has to do with blood staying near the surface of your cheeks or something) around the nose.

Anyone know if this will disqualify a person for aviation? I can't think of a reason why it would hinder aviation duties. If no one knows, then where can I find out? Who should I contact to fine out? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

-Joe

geerst

Joe,

If your medical condition will prevent you from wearing flight equipment (helment, oxygen mask, etc), then you are not aeronautically qualified. I have seen Navy folks with your condition before. Not a big deal.

LCDR Geers

Status
Not open for further replies.