• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it true that Naval Officers must get their TS before their APIs regardless of platform?

RandomGoat1248

And yet we had an NFO start the process after API before they started primary, and they finished up the FRS before they got approved...pitter patter...

Mine only took ~8 months to complete from start of the paper work till the date the investigation compete.

My TS was done before I even started primary.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Cui gives a shit? You can get an interim for most things you’d need short of the Fleet.
He was an EP-3 guy, and from what I understood they (FRS STUCON) discovered it wasn't done during his checkout and had to work between orgs to get what was necessary for whatever it was he was going to do.

Eulenspeigel

I-JET
pilot
Mine only tool 6 months or so, and I have foreign parents and foreign family in defense industries (NATO country). YMMV though

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He was an EP-3 guy, and from what I understood they (FRS STUCON) discovered it wasn't done during his checkout and had to work between orgs to get what was necessary for whatever it was he was going to do.
Ah, OK. The purple squirrel for whom it actually mattered right away. :)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Sounds like they must be prioritizing initial investigations. A lot of folks I know getting reinvestigations have taken 12-18 months.

Meyerkord

pilot
Sounds like this is an ever-changing process...

During API (Spring 2019), we filled out a packet to get our TS started. At the end of API, and right before moving to Corpus, we had interviews and people who called to get references. Once I got to Corpus, I met with another person that basically went over the same sorts of things. I got my TS a few months after that, having never strapped in to a T-6.

?‍♂️