• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it true that Naval Officers must get their TS before their APIs regardless of platform?

rr-10

I thought it was always going in with a secret clearance from OCS and then upgrading to TS regarding on platform. But I was scrolling through and it seems like every platform requires a TS clearance, even helos early in the pipeline. Is this true?
source: r/newtothenavy

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
From what I heard on the grapevine when finishing at VT-4, all pilots are getting TS reviews as well. NFOs have been doing it regardless of platform for a while from what I understand.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Fake News. I had a Secret for 11 years in helos. Thanks be to God the Air Force rescued me and upgraded me to TS. ?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
You get an interim secret at OCS, and if you select a pIpeline at the end of Primary that needs a TS they’ll start it then.

To be honest the process is more annoying for your friends and family than it is for you anyways...

RandomGoat1248

It is true. You have to have the paperwork complete and the background investigation started before API now.

Everyone in the pipeline is getting a TS, they checked the status of mine before I checked out to go to intermediate.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
It is true. You have to have the paperwork complete and the background investigation started before API now.

Everyone in the pipeline is getting a TS, they checked the status of mine before I checked out to go to intermediate.
And yet we had an NFO start the process after API before they started primary, and they finished up the FRS before they got approved...pitter patter...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
And yet we had an NFO start the process after API before they started primary, and they finished up the FRS before they got approved...pitter patter...

Hell, reinvestigations are taking 18 months start to finish, so I’m not surprised an initial took that long.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Anecdotally it seems to be getting better, think my initial TS took 12 months start to finish.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cui gives a shit? You can get an interim for most things you’d need short of the Fleet.