• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it possible to get LASIK before applying for flight school? Would I need a waiver?

AttackCanary

From my experience...
Yes, you can get LASIK before flight school. I don't know what your situation is, but if you have already applied and been selected, you probably do not have long enough. After LASIK, you have to wait 6 months before you can go through MEPS... which means you have to wait 6+ months before you can apply.
I was told at MEPS that I don't need a waiver because my eyes before surgery did not fall outside of whatever measurements they are looking for. Might be your refraction...? But not positive. If so, they have a pretty big window for not needing a waiver because my eyesight was abismal. If you DO need a waiver, I think maybe the people at MEPS give you the form. My recruiter did not know where it came from, so I'm glad I didn't need it.

SLH350

pilot
You'll need like a year of lead time. Timeline depends on how bad your vision was prior to surgery. I was in the less bad category whatever that is and it still took me a little over a year from surgery to getting an approved NAMI waiver. It will not be a quick process but it's totally worth it.