• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it possible to become an SWO as a marketing major?

Shelly97

Same for me I’m a business marketing major, I was selected during the aug2020 board. Definitely get with a officer recruiter the process at times can be long or communication can be silent or unresponsive at times so you want to get an early start. Mini tip: try to score high as possible on the OAR and fishing’s strong in school (gpa). Good luck and utilize these forums
Thank you, I appreciate the tips.

Larick

None
Contributor
I have a buddy (Awesome SWO!) that has a degree in Zoology. You'll be fine in the degree requirement.

I don't know if SWO boards are still like this, but if SWO wasn't listed #1 in your priority list then they automatically denied you.

Shelly97

I have a buddy (Awesome SWO!) that has a degree in Zoology. You'll be fine in the degree requirement.

I don't know if SWO boards are still like this, but if SWO wasn't listed #1 in your priority list then they automatically denied you.
Thank you, that’s helpful to hear. Also I appreciate the priority list info.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

That is one of the most unique degrees I've heard of. He must be interesting. I've got a colleague who is an intel officer with an archaeology degree and is a trained archaeologist. The stories he tells are wild.

jmj689

That is one of the most unique degrees I've heard of. He must be interesting. I've got a colleague who is an intel officer with an archaeology degree and is a trained archaeologist. The stories he tells are wild.

This made me chuckle, imagining the stories. One of the reasons I want to commission into the navy is to meet these interesting people and hear these wild stories. I myself am trying to get out of the corporate desk life at an insurance company on an island...

almond_615

I know you say you want to be a SWO. But there are also many other designators that can still put you on a boat. Intel, Pilot, PAO, etc all can put you on a boat, all can give you great leadership skills, and all can give you a stronger variety of career options if and when you decide to leave the service. At 22, you're probably not thinking about post-grad life, but some career fields, like SWO can lead to high burnout.

exOFFrec said it best, your GPA qualifies you for everything. Why limit yourself to one specific field?