• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

iPhone Forum App, who's interested in this mod?

Are you interested in an iPhone Forum Browsing App?

• Total voters

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It has been brought to my attention on the Moderator side, that there are some iPhone apps out there that can read the forum if I installed the mod. Before I look into it further, I want to see who is interested and what demand there is out there for this feature.

So far I have researched two prospects:

1) Tapatalk http://www.tapatalk.com/
2) TouchBB Forum Browser http://www.messageforums.net/iphoneforumreader.php

Please vote in the poll.

John

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Damn.....yes. No experience with either so I'll hold off on voting until I've had a chance to at least play with the free version.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can currently surf the site via the Safari web browser on my iPhone.

A dedicated interface would be better.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I vote a resounding "YEA!" on the iPhone app. Yet one more excuse for me to get an iPhone as my post-deployment gift to myself...

phrogpilot73

I didn't realize it was a multi-choice poll. Whoops. I used the mod-powers to go back and vote "yes" and TouchBB...

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Second the lack of Droid love. I got one for Christmas and already becoming hooked. Will any of those options easily carry over to those who don't feel like switching to ATT? Either way, still awesome if you can pull it off, even if I might not be able to use it. If I had an Iphone I would totally do it.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Definitely Tapatalk.

AFAIK from the screenshots, TouchBB doesn't have a latest posts feature; you have to go forum by forum, which I never bother to do. I'd probably rather surf on safari since "New Posts" and the front page were my most often hit links.

Tapatalk does. And there's a free read-only version. It even lets you upload photos.

pssst.......Tapatalk comes in Android and Nokia flavors too.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I voted Tapatalk, since my next phone might be a Droid.

Just out of curiosity, why can't we have both? Is it a licensing/$$ issue? (speaking of which, where's the "Donate" button?)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ya, speaking of which, websan, if I see you around 30, can I just hit you up with some cash/check?