• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

INTRODUCTORY FLIGHT SCREENING (IFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam

SNA, VT-21
thought i'd pass along some info on this relatively new program. if you are commissioned through ocs and have little or no flight experience, you will go through ifs after passing the prt/swim screen and 3rd class faa physical. i graduated in 04-03 on 01 nov and clas up for ifs today. everything you need to know about the program can be found at:

https://www.ifs.cnet.navy.mil/ifscode/help/default.cfm

adam

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
That sucks. I did it last summer and had to extend my service contract an additional six months. Now they make it almost mandatory. I didn't even get a headset!

Tahoe

IFS is a great program!!! I can't tell you how much it helped me get a basic understanding of an airframe and flying in general. Though military aviation is almost totally different it was great to have an idea of what it's like. I hope everyone who goes in from here on out has a chance at the program. The air force has something like IFS, it's called IFT. They get their private out of it and 50 hours vs the navy's 25. Just some food for thought..

kappu411

Naval Aviator
Tahoe,

This private that you get thru the navy, this is paid for by the navy correct? also is this only for people who enter flight traing with no knowledge of airplanes whatsoever, would someone go thru this if they had say 35 hrs in traing for their privates?

Tony

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
You don't get a PPL through the Navy's version of IFS. It's only worth 25 hours of actual flight time. Most people can barely get a X-country solo out of that. It's only for people with no previous flight experience. Just to give you an idea of what flying is like and the academics assiciated with it (they think it will help to cut down on attrites).

Stallion

Does anyone know if the program is available for people on the BDCP or do you have to already be at Pensacola? I asked my recruiter about it and he said it was only for people who are beginning API.
Rock on!

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I did it a couple of months before my commissioning, while I waited to go to TBS. I already my av. contract, but wasn't anywhere near ready to go to API.

clintdcamp

Originally posted by kappu411
Tahoe,

This private that you get thru the navy, this is paid for by the navy correct? also is this only for people who enter flight traing with no knowledge of airplanes whatsoever, would someone go thru this if they had say 35 hrs in traing for their privates?

Tony

From the information that I have gathered from the IFS program office (in order to qualify) it doesn't matter how many hours you have as long as you have not cross-country soloed.

Status
Not open for further replies.