• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Introduction to the board

Falcon91

Hello all
First off just want to say that I am a long time lurker first time poster. I have found all kinds of awesome information on here about becoming a Navy officer. My name is Ian and Im a college senior at a small liberal arts university in North Carolina. Ive always wanted to pursue a career with the Navy, more specifically aviation with a NFO career path, and have started studying as much as I can for the ASTB. Going to be graduating with a degree in business Administration with strong work history and volunteer experience.
Currently, I have contacted an Officer Recruiter in regards to getting my packet put together, but have unfortunately not heard back after several attempts to follow up and be proactive over the last month and a half.
Not sure if I should just wait till I graduate in may to try and get a packet put together or if I should try and get everything while im in my last semester.

Happy to be here!
-Ian

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure if I should just wait till I graduate in may to try and get a packet put together or if I should try and get everything while im in my last semester.
Yes, get together as much as you can (LORs, volunteer work, waivers, etc.), as soon as you can. It will save you time later.;)
Happy to be here!
-Ian
Welcome aboard!:)
BzB

exNavyOffRec

You are in the right time frame to contact an OR and get your application together, now how much info did you give him? He might be busy or maybe he is just trying to blow you off if you told him you have a 2.0 GPA

Falcon91

Oh I contacted him in January about information concerning the NFO program. He said he would get an email out to me a week later. Called him again two weeks later for a follow up regarding email concerning packet information, he said he apologized and would get it out to me as soon as he could. That was three weeks ago. I have a strong GPA (in my opinion) 3.48 and ive kept my nose clean and stayed out of trouble and worked hard while in college. I understand the ORs are extremely busy, but im just not sure if i should try and contact him a third time or if i should just wait. He acted very interested in getting me in the door to get a packet put together before march 15th of this year. That deadline is fast approaching but i dont think im going to get that information in time