• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Introduction long overdue

Well I am not new to the website been around for about 2 years applied for the Jan 2013 Supply board was a Non-select and now I am trying again!! I am an Active Duty AZ1 stationed in San Diego. I have been in the Navy for 7 years spending the majority of my career (6 years) stationed in Japan. While in Japan I was able to finish my degree through UMUC I graduated with a 2.7 GPA in Business Administration not the greatest! Currently awaiting results for the Jan 14 Supply board I Had 4 LOR's from 3 CDR's and 1 Supply LCDR. Three Interviews all Supply Corps CDRs and all 10's . OAR is a 41. Some of my accomplishments include 2 JSOQ(2008,2012) 1 JSOY 2012, Awarded the MOVSM 2013 and completed my USMAP as a Computer Operator. Well good luck to all if anyone has any advice please feel free to share!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well good luck to all if anyone has any advice please feel free to share!
You appear to be aware that your GPA is not the greatest, so no need to dwell on that. Supply has become quite competitive of late, and will most likely remain so in the near term. You've been non-select once, so obviously you must make some package improvements to counter the GPA, and be competitive.;)

One area for substantial improvement would be studying your tail off for a retake of the OAR, shooting for a 50-55+! Perhaps additional padding with several more quality LORs, and perhaps logging some community volunteer hours. Putting in your package again without improving it, I'm afraid will lead to more disappointment. Your call, and good luck.:)

Oh wait... after 6 years in "The Land Of The Rising Sun", you're probably fluent in Japanese. Add that to your kit to show your versatility!;):D
Japan.jpg
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

Last edited:
Thank you sir I appreciate the advice and yes my plan is to retake the OAR if not selected. I apologize for not being clear but a lot of my accomplishments were not included in last package such as Sailor of Year, MVOSM, and advancement in rate. My LOR's this time around are a lot stronger especially being in a AZ it's not uncommon for us to work close with Officers and in my case CDRs who in writing my LORs explained how they personally had interaction with me on a daily basis former CO and XO and department head (2 separate commands) comparing my old and new packages there is a lot of change and this one is solely focused on Supply and I had 2 great supply officers one prior help groom my package but if a non select again I know what areas I need to improve upon and a few more years to do if not LDO is next but not as supply officer.

Think I had too many Chu-hi's and long night in Shibuya to learn any Japanese aside from pickup lines and ordering drinks :) But thanks for advice note takin!

exNavyOffRec

If you exclude your GPA you have a good application, have you thought about taking some Master's classes? If you knock that out of the park it might show that you can do better than 2.7 and Supply is getting more competitive, so if they hold a board the few spots will be difficult to get.