• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

palatinexc

Student
This is my first post but I have been reading for a while. I will be a senior in high school next year and have begun the online NROTC application, also have sent ACT scores. I recently received an e-mail from a chicago officer recruiter (i live in a suburb) wanting to set up an interview in the next 2 weeks. The person who wrote be was an enlisted man, I thought the interviews were conducted by officers. Are there two interviews? One before I turn in the application and one after? One more question- I will most likely be getting eagle scout this november, however i was wondering if it would be better to wait and put it on the application or simply apply as early as possible. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ryan

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
Lemme try answer your questions (though 3 years of college has hazed my memory). I submitted the first app, and they mailed me a second. I drove down to San Diego (I lived halfway between LA and SD) and talked with a Senior Chief down there; I am fairly certain it was before I mailed in the final app. I didnt see an officer until I went to the Naval Hospital for my DODMERB physical.

Submission, it seems, is always better to be done sooner then later, regardless of the program your applying for. To that end, under the section for other activities and such, you should be just fine stating your current status with the scouts as well as your imminent progression to Eagle. The only other advice I can think of off hand, is choose your college well. Your acceptance there is completely independant of ROTC, as well as being a huge opportunity to travel or upgrade schools on someone else's dollar. Keep your spirits up through the eventual hoops and waiting, and good luck with the app.

jbe120

I think you will find most of the (officer) recruiters are chiefs. Or at least that was the case for me when I went to my interview at the Greenbelt, MD office.

usnafury

I have yet to interview... What's it like? Do you just go to the nearest reserve station? What kind of questions do they ask? My Gunny said that he'd brief me before I went in, but I'd rather know first-hand from you guys. Where all are you applying for school? My first choice is Georgetown, second is UVA.

palatinexc

Student
The person that emailed me and who I expect to interview me is a MU1, which I think is musician first class (please correct me if I am wrong). Thank you for all of the replys so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.