• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel or IWO - Better Chance?

crickSLC

Hi everyone. I am in the process of putting my Officer package together and am struggling with which boards I want to submit to. My academic work is more in-line with Supply (Economics, MBA) but I'd really love to do something more analytical - IWO or Intel. I will probably be submitting my packet for the May boards and am wondering if anyone knows which job is at a higher demand right now?

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
Hi everyone. I am in the process of putting my Officer package together and am struggling with which boards I want to submit to. My academic work is more in-line with Supply (Economics, MBA) but I'd really love to do something more analytical - IWO or Intel. I will probably be submitting my packet for the May boards and am wondering if anyone knows which job is at a higher demand right now?

To get the straight dope...I'd surf over to the BUPERS website (www.npc.navy.mil) and look up the phone numbers for both communities Officer Community Managers (OCM). They are ones who are likely in the best position to answer that question.

Also, www.informationwarriors.net is a great resource...think "airwarriors" for the IDC crowd. The IW OCM, who posts under the clever name of IW OCM, has his own area of the forum. I realize it be a bit daunting to cold call him...so posting on the IW forum might be more realistic for you.

Both communities have their strong points and their aggravations...but you will be using your analytical skills in both.

good luck.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
For IDC board, you will be selected and placed into the designator that they feel you are most competitive.