• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel/IW OCS Applicant - Ex is non-citizen

KNSnowy

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on AirWarriors, but I’ve been looking around for a couple weeks and you guys are a tremendous resource – THANK YOU!

My specific question is about security clearance in the IDC community.

I’ve been separated from my husband for about 9 months and was planning on filing for divorce very soon. He is a legal U.S. resident and is applying for citizenship as soon as he’s allowed, which will be in about a year. He moved to the U.S. on the fiancé visa in 2008 and he’s from the U.K. (friendly nation).

In descriptions for enlisted IDC jobs, it’s required that immediate family members be full citizens. But I haven’t seen this requirement on the IDC Officers’ description pages, and I don’t know if a separated spouse would count as immediate family still either.

I plan to apply for Intelligence and IW Officer, so my review board is in March. There’s a 6 month wait-period before the divorce can be granted, so I’ll still be legally married by then.

Do you know if/think this will bar me from even being considered?

Would it help if I applied for legal separation first, then divorce? (There’s no waiting period for legal separation to be granted.)

Thanks so much for any help!

Last edited: