• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Injury during OCS

ishmal1103

I just heard that my brother had broken his arm at OCS
I was wondering if he will still receive the scholarship and still become a Marine

djj34

pilot
There need to be more details included to answer that one. Even then, I don't think many (or any?) on this forum can answer that 100% truthfully and in its entirety. Regardless, because it is a broken arm, he will not be staying there to train.

Is he a PLC (I'd ask OCC too but they are still inprocessing) candidate? A Marine Option NROTC midshipman? I'm guessing the latter since you mentioned a scholarship.

If he's a PLC/OCC candidate he will have to heal up, reapply, return and try again. If he makes it to commissioning, he will become a Marine. If he's an NROTC midshipman, he will already have a scholarship to attend the 6-week Bulldog course. An injury happened to a friend of mine who was with the Bulldog program. He was allowed to return the following summer and commission afterwards.

With NROTC, I'm not sure of the official NPQ process so I won't comment any further on whether or not he will retain or lose the scholarship in this case. Good luck and a speedy recovery to him.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just heard that my brother had broken his arm at OCS
I was wondering if he will still receive the scholarship and still become a Marine

Is that ALL the info you have?
1. How was it broken, how bad...prognosis?
2. How far along in OCS?
3. Will require physical clearance when healed.
4. He may become a Marine if he completes OCS & the USMC accepts him.

Beyond that, hard to predict without more info. Your Brother can probably provide more info to you than anyone here.
BzB

exNavyOffRec

If I buy a lottery ticket will I win this week? I would say getting an answer from the info you have is about the same answer I would get.

I would hope your brother is getting good direction from the people at OCS.

ishmal1103

Is that ALL the info you have?
1. How was it broken, how bad...prognosis?
2. How far along in OCS?
3. Will require physical clearance when healed.
4. He may become a Marine if he completes OCS & the USMC accepts him.

Beyond that, hard to predict without more info. Your Brother can probably provide more info to you than anyone here.
BzB

He broke his right fore arm vaulting over a log, he has a cast on now
He started OCS around May 28th (give or take a day)
He is a NROTC midshipman
Right now he's being sent back home, we haven't heard much else