• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Increased PFT and CFT Standards

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
In case you all didn't see, these changes were announced today, effective in 2017.

For Marines (males) age 21-25 the perfect pullup score will be 23. And from my understanding crunches is 115, the article was a bit unclear there.

CFT ammo can lifts has been increased to between 106 and 120 for a perfect score. Additionally, the max score for 300-yard run under fire time has been reduced by 10 seconds.

More changes to come as well, especially regarding body composition - check out the article.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/sto...s-need-know-corps-new-fitness-rules/86582012/

Thoughts?

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I think this will lead to less neck-measuring of otherwise in-shape Marines, which is a good thing. Whoever the hell introduced that unscientific neck to waist ratio bullshit is an idiot. I myself have never had to be taped, but the process being so unscientific offends me.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
A lot more Marines are going to fail the PFT/CFT. That's about it. Good for those who don't need to be worried about getting taped anymore. I generally find the 18:00 minute 3 mile to be out reach of the vast majority of Marines, I was hoping they'd back off that a little but I guess not.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
I didn't read the article ... are the new PFT and CFT standards going to be the same for both men and women?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I didn't read the article ... are the new PFT and CFT standards going to be the same for both men and women?
Of course not. They relaxed the weight standards for women, and eliminated the flexed arm hang. Now everyone can do either pull ups or push ups but you can only get a max score with pull ups. That, plus exempting 285+ PFT's from weight standards are the real stories here in my opinion.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Of course not. They relaxed the weight standards for women, and eliminated the flexed arm hang. Now everyone can do either pull ups or push ups but you can only get a max score with pull ups. That, plus exempting 285+ PFT's from weight standards are the real stories here in my opinion.
solid

jtmedli

pilot

I like the idea of exempting people who get an "outstanding" (or whatever) from BCA/BMI standards. I feel like that would be a good idea for the Navy to incentivize doing well on the PRT.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
I like the idea of exempting people who get an "outstanding" (or whatever) from BCA/BMI standards. I feel like that would be a good idea for the Navy to incentivize doing well on the PRT.

Except the PRT is a fucking joke...so there's that...

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I agree, but it's probably not going to come up often. There aren't many people over weight standards who can run three miles in less than 20 mins 30 seconds (assuming they maxed pull-ups and crunches).

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I agree, but it's probably not going to come up often. There aren't many people over weight standards who can run three miles in less than 20 mins 30 seconds (assuming they maxed pull-ups and crunches).

And here's the thing- the have to max the PFT and CFT. I agree how unlikely this is.