• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

In Depth IRR questions

pascol1

I have transitioned out of active duty recently because I did not attain the SWO pin. I am now in IRR.
Has anyone ever heard of going to various schools while in the IRR? I was hoping to go to Marine JTAC and other combat related schools.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get selres and active duty? I am looking at what the possibilities are for trying to get into a community in the Navy. I heard that it is easier to transfer in the reserves.
Additionally, does anyone have any advice on how to do an interservice transfer?
I would appreciate any help.

exNavyOffRec

Have you tried contacting a reserve officer recruiter? they will often look at IRR for people to go selres, they could probably tell you what your options are.

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
In general, you aren't going to get any high demand schools like TACP, etc in the IRR. It's just a waste of money, AD people who NEED the school have a hard time getting it.

Probably your best bet would be to vol for a MOB that might get you some training, then look to extend, etc.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Probably your best bet would be to vol for a MOB that might get you some training, then look to extend, etc.
This is the ticket. Still might be hard to get a MOB from IRR without a pin, but it can happen. Then, working from AD, you have more resources and options.