• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Imminent Fury/A-29 Pics

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did she get qualified in the A-29 or was it an incentive ride for her as a NIWO staffer?

We did no incentive rides in that fashion for Action Officers. Both Air Force and Navy Action Officers as well as CAGs/Flags flew it to get better appreciation for what it had "under the hood" (so-to-speak).

Marco

Perusing this thread, caused me to order "Flying Black Ponies" from Amazon. Nearly halfway through it so far. Amazing stuff that those guys and the Seawolves accomplished. I hope this gets off the ground, sts. Especially since I'm a SNA hopeful. Some of the Eagle drivers in my Guard unit have nothing but praise for the Super T as an IW/COIN platform. Good stuff, and seems like a good way to rain down some hate and discontent on the bad guys. :)

BlkPny

pilot
GEN Mattis throws IF back in debate during his conformation hearing. SWJ has nice wrap-up of pertinent links. Guess Fat Lady will have to cool her heels for time being.....and the Black Pony alumni can still hope that their legacy might be revived.

Black Pony OV-10 back in the day

bt4.jpg

I've never seen that particular ordnance load. We never flew it that way.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never seen that particular ordnance load. We never flew it that way.

It's on Black Pony Association website and caption says it was a static display for visiting SECNAV so those type dog and pony shows (no pun intended) typically show types of ordnance that can be carried, not representative loadouts (note the 2.75" and 5" rockets on deck and 20mm gun pod on right of picture. But I wasn't there, you were so I'm just supposing why the duty VAL-4 hands did what they did. You probably didn't have time or means to set it up like this:

tucano.JPG

Marco

A quick youtube search yielded thse AT-6 vids. Interesting stuff.

A-29

Kit Lavell talking about "Flying Black Ponies"

10 Minute vid of Black Pony squadron footage, no sound, worth watching every minute.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Here is another Aviation Week write up that starting on page 6, adds a little more info on Imminent Fury from the AT-6B side of the house (with references to EP Aviation and the Super Tucano). The first part is an AT-6B pilot report.

Not trying to hijack this thread and I'm way out of my lane here so mods feel free to split or delete if you wish.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gene...s/awx/2010/07/30/awx_07_30_2010_p0-244911.xml

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Columbia scores big in war against FARC with Super Tucano

Not first time that Columbia relied on the Super T to take out a jungle lair of the FARC and key leadership. This time they got the infamous Mono Jojoy who was surviving member of the ruling council after last Super T bombing attack. He became quite prominent and ruthless in his leadership. Link to reporting. Comments related to US interest in Super T.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
So I guess now the question is, can Col Buckey put together a propaganda machine to rival the embedded good-ol-boy Kansas syndicate? He's got a 4-star bloodbrother, this recent 'shwacking' and the IF program in his corner...we shall see. I guess we'll have to revisit the issue post-November to see where the bones and tea leaves are.

This is gonna be a great book one day by the way...HJ you better be keepin a journal with all those photos ;)

PS - since when is Hawker-Beach in "dire financial straits" ?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Yeah. Although, let's be real. This thing is gonna spend 90+% of it's time in a high orbit doing ISR with that AIMS turret. Maybe 5% of it's time dropping ordinance.

Who spends 90% of their time doing ISR and a small fraction on A-G? P-3s, baby!

I'm a shoe-in!

MasterBates

I spend most of my day in a radar orbit, and occasionally drop biohazards on the enemy. (relief tube, or bag o poo chucked out ditching hatch)

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
800px-Douglas_A2D-1_in_flight_1954.jpeg

nyuck, nyuck
"Sooooooooooooo ... since some of you alluded to it .... how does ANYONE think the 'new entrant' into the Light ATTACK Community can compare w/ this:
"