• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Imminent Fury/A-29 Pics

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I think that it's the SEALs the aircraft supports who want FAC-A types....
I'm not sure how much CAS these guys will do, but they'll do quite a bit of FAC. Something an MQ Pred/Reaper dosen't do well without a set of human beings in the cockpit.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Taking those who are already trained on the mission, makes perfect sense in the grand scheme of things.

The Black Pony is a nice touch, I am sure the old VAL-4 hands would be proud to see their tradition carried on.

Flash, I thought liberals were people who believed in hope, dreams, and unicorns. Why ya gotta crush my hopes and dreams?

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Paint the whole damn thing black. I love it. Too bad it'll probably be closed off to anyone not pointy nosed...I would LOVE to do this in lieu of a shore tour.

Agreed. Think they'll take a tiltrotor guy?.....nnnnope. Well, maybe if we get to take our moto Corporal gunner with us.:devil_125:icon_smil

Black Pony was a nice touch BTW.

BlkPny

pilot
The Black Pony is a nice touch, I am sure the old VAL-4 hands would be proud to see their tradition carried on.

We are. We are all keeping in touch with each other about this.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
:) ... I was waiting for our resident VAL-4 guy to chime in ... since he's the expert and deserves respect.

Sooooooooooooo ... since some of you alluded to it .... how does ANYONE think the 'new entrant' into the Light ATTACK Community can compare w/ this:

va52skyraider.jpg

my ol' squadron

No judgements ... just askin' ... :)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Was in a few events in Fallon where these guys were also flying, without going too much into it they are exceptionally good at what they do and the aircraft itself is even more impressive up close and in person than pictures can put out.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Without doing a lot of stupid-study for myself, how survivable does anyone think they would/could be in a COIN role ??? Light Attack -- I LOVE it, and it's a 'nice concept', but the bird doesn't look like it would sustain a lot of 'hits' and keep on beating ... ???

Inexpensive is great until 'they' start piling on more and more mission requirements. Then 'inexpensive' becomes something else ...

I seem to remember the Hummer started off life as a 'big JEEP' ..