• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"I'm in trouble" thread Update

The Warden

First of all, I want to thank all of you who contributed to my last thread. Both the positive and the negative comments helped. You might remember from the last thread that I was a 215lb/5'10" butterball who some how lucked into an SNA slot. In July, I was maxing out at an 18 minute 1.5mi, 25 SU's, and 20 PU's--pretty sorrowful shape. With the help of my recruiter, an atypically long PRT grace period, and a $500/month personal trainer (just for the month of Nov--I'm not quite that baller), I have finally shaped up and I'm ready to ship out. I'm down to sub 12 minute 1.5's, and I can easily meet my 50 PU's and 60 SU's. I've gone from 215lbs to 185lbs in 4 months. I still have some gut to lose but I'm sure a DI will see to that. I swear in this Friday the 5th of November and I'll be in Newport on December 1st. I hope to see some of you there too!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Good on ya, man. Expect to lose another 20 while at OCS....oh and you "may" get to meet the DI on day 1 unlike the rest of the folks....to get "rope and choke"-ed. :)

schwarti

Contributor
Congratulations. It just goes to show - you can do it if you really make the effort.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just make sure to keep it off once you're in. Don't want to be letting out the harness/g-suit all the time.

Threadjack
...we cinched up a squadron mates g-suit a little every day and it was a real laugh watching him try to get into it...until he wised up. Seen this done to people trying to lose weight as well.
/Threadjack

BackOrdered

Contributor
Well no one ever erected a statue or handed out awards to the guy who gave up and this topic shows why. Great job! Hopefully someone else in your situation will take note and see it's not impossible so long as you press forward and give 100%.

The Warden

thanks for the response guys. It's all sinking in now. Before it was a pipe dream and a really cool "maybe," but now I'm getting my orders and I have to resign from my current job, I have to keep my girlfriend calm. It's frightening how fast everything moves once all the columns are filled in. I know that if I can make it through OCS, I have the brains to do whatever comes next.

LoneSailor

That's the spirit!! Losing weight is probably one of the hardest things to do man, congrats. You've definitely got the passion and remember to never ever lose that. Reading from your post it seemed that you had doubts about receiving a pro-rec for SNA, but this just goes to show you that no one deserves it as much as you do. Keep up the hard work!

FastMover

NFO
None
Wow, good job! Keep working at it and it will make all that PT at OCS a little easier to take. Good luck in RI.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Very laudable to recognize where you were and where you needed to be and getting it done. You certainly earned your slot at OCS!

MasterBates

Great job. Just remember, you have to keep at it to keep it off.

As someone who has struggled with their weight for most of their life, you are kicking ass. Just keep it up.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Way to go. You put your mind and heart into it, and you accomplished what you set out to do. Good luck.