• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali264

Question about IFS. Does every pilot go through this after OCS? If not, what is the cut-off number of flight hours? Or it is based on having your PPL? Thanks

JeffQ

I just completed the IFS program. I'm a ROTC grad and I'll be heading down to API next month. The program covers 25 hours in the air. More info can be found on their website --- https://www.ifs.cnet.navy.mil/

tali264

thanks for the website, but it never said anything about how many hours or anything you had to be under to get in. It just said people could register once their "local military supervisor has confirmed their eligibility". I don't know what that eligibility is.

Dave Shutter

A Gosport article (NAS newspaper) on IFS said it was desiged for everyone with less than 40 hours to go through, but when I asked about it I was told by flight management that there was so little money for it at this stage, and so few people would go through it, that any flight time was a dis-qualifyer. But that was a while ago and the more I look around the more IFS issue Jeppeson flight bags I see so maybe more people are going through now...and then there's the new FY right around the corner. Mo money!

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 09/15/2002 13:35:32

Status
Not open for further replies.