• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If I Fly A Bravo am I killing my career?

hscs

pilot
Most of them left later than expected -- some from their own issues flying the plane and HC-3 didn't really do them any favors. They went through on a CAT2 syllabus designed for those with around 1000 hours. They didn't have anything close to that and struggled. In the end, we should have designed a special syllabus for those folks.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
You won't be killing yourself by going 60B at all. We're still flying a lot of hours in it. Some of the 2Ps in my squadron came back from a Gulf cruise with 700+ hours, more than some of the HACs who did CNT cruises. Bottom line, we're not going to disappear overnight, if you select Bravos you'll still get quite a bit of flight time and yes, be able to transition to the Romeo.

SingDixieGoNavy

BeerMan
pilot
Here's solid gouge if you're interested in flying the Romeo

HSM-41 will begin training FRPs for HSM-70 (the standup east coast -60R squadron) in January...meaning that if you are selecting here in the next couple months and want romeos (and have the grades), there's a pretty good chance you'll get it. I can't tell you exactly when the spots will start opening up, but I know it's soon.
the East coast romeo squadron is open to selectors out of the HT's as of 2 weeks ago