• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I want to be a professional (non-airline) pilot when I grow up

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
There was 3 paragraphs about the poly in the article.
Thanks... This is me right now-

BlueFreeDorking-small.gif

Last edited:

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
From everything I've heard from folks who used to work there, until they start treating their pilots well, it's going to be a revolving door.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
So what have you heard - re: working conditions for pilots?

Non-pilot managers who treat their folks like shit. No respect for time-off/OT/etc. Ground job BS. Getting stuck on the SW Border with no chance of transfer. Forced into UAV operations without a ramp back to the cockpit. They can chest beat about "Mission before money" all they want, just like the Navy does, but people are leaving for the same reasons they left Active Duty.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So what have you heard - re: working conditions for pilots?

There also seems to be a lack of interesting in addressing some simple things to make the pain equal. Things like adjusting schedules so someone can have a life for a period of time rather than keeping someone on graveyard indefinitely. Like SynixMan said, managers that don't always seem to see the forest for the trees.

My interest waned greatly after starting to work with a guy that quit and came to HAA (he couldn't get back into GOM at the time, but had done that previously). His stories, along with what I was researching on my own elsewhere just didn't quite excite me anymore.

GroundPounder

California has to have impressive state salaries with the highest state income tax, highest gas tax, highest gas prices, close to the highest cost of living, etc. in the nation.

Oh yeah....highest number of residents at or below the poverty level too. But they just keep raising taxes because the illegals aren’t going to support themselves.

It’s all about priorities...

There is a reason for people with " regular " jobs being unable to live in or near the cities where they work in California. You also find a lot of them that will take their retirements with them to other western states in order to be able to live more comfortably. From friends out there, the California people are then well known for trying to enact the same type polices that they are in effect fleeing from. Exactly the same scenario as Florida, the only state in which the farther south you go, the more north you get.

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Unfortunately Amazon got rid of the Alexa Urban Dictionary app some months ago. It was entertaining while it lasted.

And....Alexa stored it all for access by anyone sharing your Prime account....which led to even more entertainment....