• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I am a 4yr College grad & I want to fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericny1

Basically i want to know the process. I have serious apprehensions on entering under false hope, therfore with a college BA degree as well as private flight time should that secure a spot within officer school and flight school? If not please lead me down the correct path.

kabttu

best bet would be go talk to an officer recruiter and read through all the info on this site, lots of great gouge here.

ghost_ttu

and to answer your question take the word "secure" out of that statement. Right now everything is VERY competitive, you have people with hundreds of hours of flight time and licenses, and engineering degrees getting denied. So the best you can do is throw in your cards and see what happens. But I'll shoot you from the hip and tell you that right now things are difficult.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Brodie143

Ericny1-

Mind you this is from 4 yrs ago when I applied and got in, but I would suspect it is still the same. Go see an officer recruiter and tell him what you want to do. Take the tests and see what the service has to offer. You can put down your three choices and see what you get. If you get something you want then great, sign up, if not then see if you can join another service or hold out for a while. The needs of the military are always changing. You will not be force into joining after they tell you what choices you have. They have to tell you.

As for flight time, I am sure that plays a small factor, not sure how much since the program is set up for people with no prior experience. Good luck.

One last thing, don't join only because you want to do this or that, do it because you want to serve your country. A very close second is that you want to serve your country flying aircraft:)

Status
Not open for further replies.